A Dingo took my Dazzler

It was a great thread but like a lot of things here on Somersoft you waste your time providing comments only to have the thread deleted.

It happens quite rarely given the volume of traffic here on Somersoft.

In this case, it was unfortunate, but given the impact it was having on people outside of this forum - I think it was completely reasonable to remove the thread.

It's all well and good to discuss things amongst ourselves here on this site - but when that spills over to have a direct impact on people who are not members of the forum and did not choose to have their personal lives effectively discussed in public, then I think we step over a line and action needs to be taken.

Like I said - it was unfortunate given the interesting content being discussed - but when it comes to a decision between you losing a couple of posts on the internet versus protecting innocent parties directly affected by the discussion ... then I'm sorry, I choose them over the posts. Don't you think that's reasonable?

I assume it was because a poster had used names of person/people they used to engage in doing a job for them?
If so, I can understand wanting to have that deleted.

I assume it was because a poster had used names of person/people they used to engage in doing a job for them?
If so, I can understand wanting to have that deleted.

Why did that person post stuff on a public forum if they don't want it aired and why can't their individual posts be removed instead of the whole feckin thread?

It was a great thread but like a lot of things here on Somersoft you waste your time providing comments only to have the thread deleted.

Sim if you don't mind can I make a request to have my account deleted and the threads associated with it gone. Time for me to move on.

wow, obviously some people make what they believe much more useful contribution s that I do LMAO ! But there I go again, comparing others to myself & thinking I am in the same league LOL

Reactions: Sim
I've sent you 2 messages about this now with no response. Poor form.

I'm a bit behind with support requests at the moment, sorry.

There's nothing been set on the admin side which would impact on your profile.

What I suspect is that somehow you have managed to set your profile privacy to something other than "Everyone".

Go here: http://somersoft.com/forums/profile.php?do=doprivacy

Look for this page ... try setting everything to "Everyone":

attachment.php

Attachments

• 22-03-2012 4-02-41 PM.jpg
    22-03-2012 4-02-41 PM.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 341
Jaycee

Ive made some extremely valuable contributions. Ive had someone tell me the advice i gave regarding guesthouses and the small business concessions saved them 10s of thousands of dollars in tax. So yes i dont like it when my contributions are deleted. A lot of your posts are complaining and moaning but thats ok maybe you are whiny person. But i dont want those posts of yours deleted and neither would you.

Agreed with removing personal stuff but agree with shuggy why delete the whole thread. There was great stuff in there and a shame it all went but i dont want innocent people outside the forum being affected. Fair call

Jaycee

Ive made some extremely valuable contributions. Ive had someone tell me the advice i gave regarding guesthouses and the small business concessions saved them 10s of thousands of dollars in tax. So yes i dont like it when my contributions are deleted. A lot of your posts are complaining and moaning but thats ok maybe you are whiny person. But i dont want those posts of yours deleted and neither would you.

Agreed with removing personal stuff but agree with shuggy why delete the whole thread. There was great stuff in there and a shame it all went but i dont want innocent people outside the forum being affected. Fair call

I wanna "be like mike"

Hi Sim,

It would be shutting the gate after the horse has bolted, the interaction with the family has already taken place

It would be a shame to lose some of the valuable information posted

It would be a shame to further cause issue to other parties, though many have brought up the past and indiscretions of other forum members

Good luck with your decisions, however I'm happy to protect the innocents and not one to take my footy and go home

It was a fascinating read, understandable but sad that it can't remain on the forum. I'm buying a box of Dazz's investing book when he publishes it :)

Back