A fantastic read!

Hi

I just finished reading a book that I highly recommend. It is:

"Don't *****; just get rich" by Toney Fitzgerald.

The book walks through a self development class that Toney ran and explains that essentially we are all in one of two matrix.

We either ***** about our lives and our lack of wealth and in doing so blame our circumstances, our selves, our significant family and friends etc etc

or

We live a rich life and create wealth in all areas of our life easily. Generally, these people do not complain much and just get on with the job expecting good things to happen.

There was nice parallels to the laws of attraction for those interested.

I personally found the book a wake up call in some areas of my own life and of particulr interest to me was the discussion on time being a finite resource and that when our time is up....there is no more time. Maybe time for a few more changes in my life....

Anyway, this book is well written and easy to read and it is well worthwhile reading and adding to your library.

Have fun
Dale

Hiya Bill

Thanks for that link, I was not aware of it.

I do wonder though at where this forum is heading though...... as Simon so aptly pointed out the other day....it is not what it used to be and we're all worse off for it, not better.

Have fun (or is that not allowed any more either????)

Dale

I do wonder though at where this forum is heading though...... as Simon so aptly pointed out the other day....it is not what it used to be and we're all worse off for it, not better.

Dale

I don't know what aspect you're referring to but for me, there are so many people and threads now I can't keep up so I just scan a few topics and see if there's anything I feel is worth reading. Once upon a time it it was possible to read almost every thread. I also don't feel I have as much to contribute as I have in the past either. Plus, life is a lot busier than it used to be.

It's taken me almost 2 months to get from 990 posts to 999.:rolleyes:

Hmmm, I might leave it at that, it's a nice looking number!

Cheers

I love this book, thanks dale!

Some quotes:

Freedom from failure, from the broken promises you make to yourself, the half-baked ambitions you never realise and the goals you never reach, begins with the radical choice to become an absolute slave to your own word.

Blame makes you powerless; responsibility empowers you

It is our choices and our ability to keep our promises that makes us strong (and makes us safe from blame and negative emotions). A very interesting addition to an investors psychology.

ta

Yes I agree lowb. It really surprises me seeing the responses to some posts on this board just how far most people will go to distance themselves from taking responsibility, not to mention people in the real world.

Mark

Back