» A house next to a plumbing workshop

I found a house which ticks most of my boxes, but one of its neighbour is a plumbing workshop. Is it noisy?

That's the only workshop in that quiet area. The local council told me that it is a residential zone, but for historical reason, that land is still under industry use.

I found a house which ticks most of my boxes, but one of its neighbour is a plumbing workshop. Is it noisy?

That's the only workshop in that quiet area. The local council told me that it is a residential zone, but for historical reason, that land is still under industry use.
Very little to worry about most plumbing is done onsite far away from the base,it would pay to look into the zoning yourself..imho..

Call council and ask if there is scope to change the zoning of the house to industrial/dual zoning.There may be scope for a value add if industrial property in the area is rare?
Just a thought...

Plumber, hmmm. Careful you may be charged for being neighbours, plus hire of equipment.

Only problem I would see is their trucks parked in front of your place, a lot.

Plumbers are usually one of the quieter trades. But I would go spend some time hanging around for a few hours over a few different days to check.
I would guess that there would be hours of operation for noise limitations on them - ie no noise before 7am or after 6pm or something like that.

Plumbing business should be OK.

It's not like a panel beating workshop.

On the bright side you shouldn't be charged a callout fee. Heck, you're only 20 metres away.

Go for it, it won't be money down the drain.

Back