A new way to build

I'm looking at the vid and hey off grid.

Solar panels,hydronic heating,access to panels to upgrade.

The posibliities.(typo)

Robot building ya home,i dunno...More workloss?

Interesting all the same,

Cheers Spades.

Ha ha Colin!

Seriously though tech is changing things at a considerable rate.

Dos in 90's was pretty cruisy,now here where up to hyper-speed.

Adapting these days are more than multi-tasking,to say the least!

Cheers Spades.

We need more alternative building methods and expect to see a revolution or two in the coming years in this regard.

Wasn't there a piece on TV recently about this for Perth (Residential Building)?

I didn't see it, so hopefully someone has a link :confused:

Wasn't there a piece on TV recently about this for Perth (Residential Building)?

I dont know about being on TV recently, but Craig Turnbull posted the same link in his monthly ezine property update.

I hazard a guess, the OP also gets the same ezine to post the link from. :)

I'm looking at the vid and hey off grid.

Solar panels,hydronic heating,access to panels to upgrade.

The posibliities.(typo)

Robot building ya home,i dunno...More workloss?

Interesting all the same,

Cheers Spades.
I don't know but it looks like a leggo set-up,the robot would have to be lic for several trades,no union stand over people to worry no workers comp,work in all weather it may well happen like that one day..

I can understand the blockwork strength for walls and columns, but can't get my head around how the individual blocks joined can be strong enough for suspended slabs and floors.

I dont know about being on TV recently, but Craig Turnbull posted the same link in his monthly ezine property update.

I hazard a guess, the OP also gets the same ezine to post the link from. :)

And the prize goes to Rixter lol!

Spot on :)

'Evening All,

Sort of still on alternative construction methods theme; went to Tech College presentation evening for my 15 yr old tonight and saw for the first time some items manufactured directly from a 3D printer (plastic thread fed from spools and layered up).

saw some amazing creations by local apprentices at college and future applications are endless.

One comment from tech presenter was that already construction firms are looking at industrial sized applications for manufacturing building components.

So the future will be very interesting to watch unfold.

Cheers,

Ian.

Back