A Small Observation

That'd really give you a clear indication of the fact that historically it takes people 3-5 years to change their expectations (and not only in property) - and this is a core factor in the time it takes markets to change direction.
Or have I said too much already

Aceyducey,
yes when you look back at the total picture of every cycle up to
about four years ago most investors followed that pattern,but for the last
2 years and the next three imho everything will go sideways,i hope the ASX
goes above 5100,then property will start to catch up again.
good luck
willair.

Aceyducey said:
Kids forums are like kids chat rooms. There are issues with establishing which are the real kids & which are the (adult) predators.

There's no value in exposing the forum to the legal and ethical risks.

I think the 'predator' risk can be largely overcome with supervision. Acey could you please expand on what you see as the possible legal and ethical risks?

Cheers,

Look at the recently reported steps take by Vodaphone in closing down their chat rooms.

Not going to go do a legal review on a saturday night :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Forum losing interest ?

Mark Laszczuk said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the amount of posting on here has decreased significantly in the last three to six months...QUOTE]
I can't speak for anyone else missing, but I started losing enthusiasm around the time you mention, when a few 'rabids' were allowed to detract from the forum, especially the antagonism which was directed at a regular and useful poster, eventually causing him to leave.

I only post this in the spirit of open and honest questioning of why the forum traffic has dropped, and moderation of *^@$&wits isn't a bad idea. I realise its a fine line between free speech and a police state in forums, but I assume this forum represents a very significant investment of time and resources by the Somers' and administrators/moderators, and every now and then the big stick should be wielded to protect that investment.

Maybe it is just the state of the market, but I sincerely doubt it.

Keep up the good fight... :rolleyes:

TryHard said:
........, and every now and then the big stick should be wielded to protect that investment.

Ahh, ....Music to my ears........but I refer to my big stick as a "Baseball Bat"

regards

Don't worry - this hasn't gone off the radar.....

G'day all,

Well, thanks for all of the very useful input. There have been a number of different posters inputting some seriously good ideas. May I say, these ideas ARE being heard and considered.

Any changes/additions are not going to be available overnight (figured you already understood this) and we'll be coming back for some more "directed" input re setting up of new forums.

Can I say, though, it seems like a "junior forum" might need to fall back to Mums and Dads - on a first pass, it seems there could be just TOO MANY concerns (check out comments from Acey and others re this).

But a "New User" forum is quite on the cards.

We see this as a way to allow those new to the forum to bring themselves up to speed without concerns. Current thoughts are that no-one should be restricted to the "New User" forum on joining, but that it could be worthwhile for those with a new interest to answer a lot of their questions simply by reading, and with a lot of the "basics" in one place.

As you can imagine, there are a lot of "how to" questions that stem from setting up such a forum - but we'll get there. And, hopefully, any new posters will avail themselves of this before launching into other forums.

Meanwhile, don't stop posting ideas re what you think would help SS as a whole. And thanks for the generous input up to now,

Regards,

Hi All

Ironic that a thread about a lack of posts is 4 pages long!

Does it mean

a) the original thread is wrong :)
b) the original thread is right :(
c) the other threads at themoment are soooo boring that this is all we have to discuss, in which refer point (b) :confused:

Maybee the answer is there is nothing new on the Property horizon to discuss? hence the interest in baby and Ferrari threads.

hummm, Peter 147 :confused:

Back