A spreadsheet that graphs IRR and cash flow

Thank Bruce for your time. This is great.

Its so easy to use and easy understand. :) :) :)

Hi Rex,

Thank Peter Noake too....."Pete" from Perth, as he orginally built it and I have modified it heavily.

Please only use it as a yardstick. Software such as PIA put out by the Somers is kept up to date and detailed.

I regularly update the speadsheet, so make sure you pull the latest copy down if doing serious stuff.

Things that I haven't checked for being up to date for a year include stamp and mortgage duty tables for all states apart from Qld. I only have the duty tables in for PPOR or first home buyers in Qld.

The tax calculation uses FY07 tables, and includes medicare levy and surcharge if income is high enough.

Modelling with the graphs seems to confuse most ppl, but if you read the two boxes, it is reasonably straight forward how to adjust the three variables (rent, interest, growth) to simulate changing economic climate.

There's no password but it is in protected mode when you download it, just so you don't inadvertently mess up a formula.

Let me know if you think it can be improved.

How did you remove the macro alert? I would like to do the same my end on a spreadsheet modified for NZ.
If you get an alert, but can still run the macro, leave the alert in. There is the possibility that a spreadsheet could still spread a virus.

If you can't run macros at all- go into Tools, Macro, security- change security level to "Medium". That will enable you to allow spreadsheets from sources you trust to run macros.

Hi TFB
Awesome spreadsheet
It will take me heaps to get into it, don't know how you put it together.
I'm not too good at designing spreadsheets, but can use simple ones,:D
Seems there is a cell problem (very minor) with Rent versus buy, calculation. I think a cell no has been duplicated with addition of extra expenses, sorry I can't be more specific with references, but each time I try to reload program, I have a hang up with "not responding" :(
I fixed it (easy) but just in case you weren't aware.
jahn

first bruce,

i've just downloaded your latest version of IP1.xls,

its looking very comprehensive now, and well done,

Can you give us a bit of info on what your working on with this.

it is excellent by the way,

i've been using an older version to run some figures and finding the holding costs are quite big!

Back