A US property thread some may find interesting

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=838234

Sounds like some excellent deals over there. I just pumped some info into google and came up with this..

Ref: Price min($): Price max($):
Cheap property for sale in Florida! Tenanted duplex with positive cash flow near Fort Myers

Ref: US099
Selling Price: 91 300USD
Price: 59 328£
Area: Florida

Property size: 2226 sq.ft.
Plot size: 10890 ft.
Bedrooms: 6
Send enquiry

Description property in usa

Duplex Florida Villa - download PDF brochure for more info (see above)

6 Bedrooms

4 Bathroom

Year Built = 2005

Living Space = 2226 sq ft

1/4 Acre Plot

Net Return = 13.82% (Download brochure above)

Property4peanuts are excited to offer this exclusive opportunity for our Investors to purchase a recently built, tenanted and fully managed Duplex Villa. There are 6 beds in total and 4 bathrooms. This villa was originally sold for 221,000 and is now available for only 91,300 USD! This property will provide excellent rental return whilst giving fantastic potential for capital growth as the market recovers.

Whilst prices have continued to drop over the past 2 years to their current record low levels, it has been said the bottom of the market has now been reached as prices are now 50-60% below the cost to build a similar home and with the combination of high sales activity and lack of new construction in the area, it is resulting in prices now starting to increase presenting a golden opportunity for investors.

These properties come with pre-vetted tenants giving excellent net yields up to nearly 14%! The property management company in place is committed to providing quality service and the highest standard of performance to the owners, buyers, and tenants alike allowing you peace of mind and a ‘hands off’ investment. A number of these properties even come with an optional lease to purchase agreement by the tenant giving a solid exit strategy!

Location and Local Attractions property in usa

Comfortably away from the pace of everyday life, the area offers the quiet of the Florida countryside coupled with family activities, easy access to the area's international airport and excellent shopping excursions. The famous Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel Island, and Captiva Island are within a short drive and offer beautiful white sandy beaches and pristine natural habitats. The area is the perfect place to enjoy miles of freshwater canals, great fishing, boating, tennis, great golf courses, horseback riding and numerous hiking and biking trails.

Property Taxes are based on the appraised value of each and every property, as property prices have fallen dramatically, property taxes have also fallen. The result of lower property taxes is an increase on your return (yield). Nearby employers include, major retail stores, corporate headquarters, distribution centres, hospitals, universities and industrial areas, ensuring an excellent supply of quality tenants.

When has there NOT been cheap property for sale in Fl.??

This is a potentially scary statement:Comfortably away from the pace of everyday life

I am buying a few places in LA right now and am having difficulty explaining to my agent (who I have been buying with for nearly 15 years now) why Australians seem to want to buy junk in deadbeat areas.

I actually don't mind parts of Fl. I came within a whisker of an 86u building in Dade county in 97 or 98. Having said that, Miami is NOT LA, SFO or NYC and in the UK every man and his dog knows someone who has lost money in Fl. It is also on the 'wrong' coast for Aussies..

Here are my agents comments on my explanation of our seeming national fascination with 'cheap':

I think if you can relate the cheap houses in the US verses the LA area to houses in Sydney and then other areas of AU that have real cheap houses. I'm from Duluth Minnesota. A nice house costs maybe $100,000 today and almost 35 years ago I bought a nice house there for my Dad to live in for $32,000. At the same time I bought a place for my Mom in El Segundo for $35,000 and today that house is worth $800,000. Maybe this doesn't happen in AU but it does in the US. They had a run up during our inflation period but these places have very few high paying jobs - mostly grunt employees servicing the tourists and thousands of acres of raw land to develop. Inflation hits, builders build, anyone can buy, speculators show up, tough times hit, values drop and take YEARS to recover. Tourists leave, jobs go, vacancies increase, properties sit vacant. Cheap has never been a guarantee of profit it is just a valuation in relationship to other things. The highest rent per square foot in the US is in New York City,the lowest vacancy factor in the US is also there, and the highest price per square foot for property.

Last edited:
Back