AAMI- Landlord Insurance Expensive?

Hi guys,

I did a search on old threads and the consensus seemed that AAMI was the cheapest for landlord insurance. Not really knowing much about it I went to the website and got an online quote for the strata landlord insurance with tenant protection.

It quoted me around $700 p.a. for a unit with a $500 excess! THis seemed a tad high, or is it the norm?

I was punching in Eastern suburbs and city postcodes in Syd, 2000 and 2011 and 2010.

Comments appreciated.

Hi Sonic,

I found them pretty expensive as well and went with NRMA which surprisingly was much cheaper.

Happy Easter!

Kelly

KL1 said:
Hi Sonic,

I found them pretty expensive as well and went with NRMA which surprisingly was much cheaper.

Happy Easter!

Kelly

Thanks Kelly, Happy Easter to you too!

Just called NRMA, (believe it or not they are open today!). Got a pretty good quote $412.72 p.a. with $300 excess covers up to $10K contents and standard landlords terms covering rental loss and malicious damage by tenant.

Tim

I also got a really good deal through NRMA. I did a lot of reading on many of the policies available and they are all reasonably similar. The more policies you have with NRMA, the more discounted it becomes too. That's not the only reason I use them however having four insurance policies and a green slip now is adding up to a nice tidy reduction! And they have always been a great company to deal with and have affiliations in other states which is handy.

Jimmyjamjars said:
Make sure you also give EBM landlord insurance a call.
I've used them for years.
Go here
JIM

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the info I just had a look at the website and PDS looks pretty good. Looks like they charge $300 p.a. premium regardless of where u are in NSW no excess for rental loss claims and $400 excess in other claims.

Looks like I'll go with them they are the cheapest, just wondering have you or anyone have had probs with claims with them? I noticed they were underwrittenby QBE.

ebm

I had a mate on the Gold Coast who had a decent sized claim with them a few years ago and they paid without vquestion, I personally haven't claimed through them yet.
JIM

DavidMc said:
Strange.... I switched one place to AAMI and saved a decent amount over Allianz (NAB) and CGU. Eh.

Well AAMI may not be the cheapest but it's down there, however your previous ones are certainly among the most expensive.

I have received a new AMMI Building policy with Tenant Protection policy (Building insurance + Landlord insurance) from AMMI for $346.

Building cover: $251,000.
Legal Liability cover up to $10 million
Building excess fee $300
Rent default up to 13 weeks

I also made a claim last year. Very good service

I had a friend who got burnt out in the Canberra bushfires. AAMI were fantastic. They had a serviced apartment ready for them the day after their house was burnt down- at a time when there was probably a huge demand for any sort of temporary accommodation.

Another person in the same position had a lot of troubles with NRMA.

Back