Abbott or Gillard...?

Abbott or Gillard to win the election ?

• Tony Abbott

Votes: 72 57.6%
  • Julia Gillard

Votes: 53 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who do you think will win the election.....Abbott or Gillard...?

I know we should be voting for a party but seeing as though most aussies seem to vote the person at the helm and not for a particular party then I thought it would be interesting to see how these two fare on this particular forum.

If you are not interested then leave it alone and don't bother responding, easy to do...or should I say, not to do...;)

There is a poll being conducted on the Yahoo7 site and it's been going since Gillard pulled out the knife. So far it has had over 68k votes and has Abbott at 57%...Gillard on 43%...not bad considering all the other media has been spruiking Gillard to date with her 'honeymoon'.

heck....why does she get a 'honeymoon' when she admitted that the Govt., including her, had got it wrong....???
She was at or near the top of all decisions made to date and yet there has to be a 'honeymoon'...?

there are alot of people angry with how she has backstabbed Rudd and they are freely admitting they are Labour voters...never to vote Labour again because of what she has done. The most quoted complaint seems to be that they can't trust her after the recent events.

And then there are alot of people who can't stand Abbott either.....

In my opinion we should be voting the party or the ideology and trust that party to choose their leaders wisely.

but many folks insist upon voting a person so....

Vote away....

I voted Abbott but I think it will be close.

I think Labor lost a lot of votes to the Greens because those voters didn't like KR.

I think however that the votes that swung over to the Liberals were mostly against Labors policies.

If that's the case, unless Gillard is successful at presenting those same policies that she carries over in a more modified and positive form those votes will stay with the Liberals.

Have they conducted a poll to see where the votes back to Labor have come from and why these voters have swung back to Labor?

I think the Libs would have a much better chance if they didnn't have a Christian fanatic as a leader. If only they'd gone for someone more moderate.

Maybe the Greens will be the big winnners.

I think the Libs would have a much better chance if they didnn't have a Christian fanatic as a leader. If only they'd gone for someone more moderate.

Maybe the Greens will be the big winnners.

Interesting view, Abbot has been represented as a bit of a monk, but what qualifies someone as a fanatic ?

ta
rolf

but what qualifies someone as a fanatic ?

ta
rolf

Maybe anybody who expresses a view;)

Back to the OP.

Heard tonight that a campaign against the super tax is to be mounted by industries other than the mining industry. If this is the case (I haven't found any confirmation) then Labor will start loosing ground again big time.

So look at the polls beyond Monday/Tuesday next week and see what happens. I suspect the sheep will get scattered again.

Cheers

PS One reference to relaunch of adv campaign

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/pol...uper-profits-tax/story-e6frgczf-1225885596411

well, I seem to be in the minority on this site, but I'm a labour supporter until there is a better alternative (which Liberal certainly isn't). fingers crossed it's Gillard ;)

There is a poll being conducted on the Yahoo7 site and it's been going since Gillard pulled out the knife. So far it has had over 68k votes and has Abbott at 57%...Gillard on 43%...

Thorpey, your poll is showing the same percentages so far. Interesting eh......
I thought the redhead would have her nose in front at this stage :D

although i wish it wasn't - i believe and election called now would result in gillard.

bring back costello or turnbull!

The anti-abortionn stuff

He used his position as HEALTH minister to bann RU486 - because of his RELIGIOUS beliefs..

The "virginity is a woman's greatest gift" type commennnts (puke)

Housewives all over Australia are at home worrying about the environmental effects of their ironing as they iron their husbands shirts (not a direct quote, bbut it was along those linnes)

He feels "threatened" by gay people (Huh? How could anyone who lives in a modern Australia feel threatened?)

I just think he is totally at odds with modern Australian women.

I am a bit unsure of the question here.

Are you asking who I would vote for or who I believe will win?

Both could be implied from your post. But they could well be two different answers though we all hope not .

Simon....Reads clearly to me.....

Who do you think will win the election.....Abbott or Gillard...?
Vote away....

You're right though could be interpreted both ways...but I am clearly after the consensus of who you think will win...and if anybody cares to mention why then that's even more interesting....thanks for looking in

Gillard is just todays PM and labor seems to think its ok to switch them around willy nilly so don't think a vote for labor is a vote for gillard

(I'm sure many people thoguth last time they were voting in Kevin Rudd with his cute little 'due seasons' and 'working families')

I was talking to a Taxi driver last on the way home they seem to have their fingers on the way the Australian Public think,and the one item he said over and over again that everyone tells the Driver is,That most people voted for Kev from Qld,not Miss Gillard and her public backdoor 2 faced unAustralian Total Control union mates ,,I,m will vote for the "LIBS" my late Father had a tatoo on his arm all his life that the country
he grew up in gave him,before he came here on a boat after ww2,We live in a free country and i hope the Australian Public wants to keep it that way,but i think Labor will win and it will happen very fast,,imho..willair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjviMVTRqRc

Last edited:
donkey-humor-01.jpg

Back