Abbott summarises Labor's failures

Sounds like some lucky supplier is about to get a large orders for shredders from unions all over Australia ...

Probably so lizzie.....but the electronic footprint most communications leave nowadays are very trace-able once the police IT forensics boys get onto the case.

The days of scribbling stuff down on paper notes and then shredding them when the **** hit the fan were immune to that type of scrutiny....but the vast majority of stuff nowadays is typed. Shredding the hard copies doesn't get you in the clear anymore.

Probably so lizzie.....but the electronic footprint most communications leave nowadays are very trace-able once the police IT forensics boys get onto the case.

The days of scribbling stuff down on paper notes and then shredding them when the **** hit the fan were immune to that type of scrutiny....but the vast majority of stuff nowadays is typed. Shredding the hard copies doesn't get you in the clear anymore.

Haha - I know. Have a BIL in fed police IT. Was tongue in cheek for "I bet a lot of them are sweating under the covers".

Pretty much.

I was watching that Legally Blonde movie last night with my 10yr old. Rivoting stuff. :p

In it, an American Senator in the response to allegations of corruption, states something along the lines of:

"I have worked my butt off for the last 15 years to establish my credibility in this town, I'll be damned if I'm going to lose it now."

And on she goes on to say,"the voters don't care! They believe what we tell them to believe."

There would have to be a few politicians watching that movie with their kids last night nodding their heads with a little smirk on their faces.

Regards JO

i'm not so sure on this one - she was at the coalface for all her state's disasters and i think did a remarkable job with co-ordination of disaster relief.

that woman is an asset to the QLD people and i think the next polls will reflect that - regardless of her political sway.

my 0.02

Asset?

She lied about going full-term.

She lied about asset sales and fuel taxes.

She mismanaged our water.

Her stance against a referendum on daylight saving is outdated.

It was during her watch that the QLD Health payroll disaster occurred and is still yet to be resolved.

In summary
The next polls will reflect one thing and one thing only - that Labour is on the nose. QLD labour will suffer the same fate as their NSW counterparts - decimation and political wilderness for two terms at least.

Just read through this thread, and one thing that struck me is that all the major parties (and many of the whack-jobs as well) have their policies detailed on their web sites. If you want to know what the liberal policy on seniors is for example, just go click the link.

I have always been fairly conservative, and I can't stand Tony Abbott. I'd rather the Libs replaced him, but they can't afford to as it would give Labor credibility. I pity Julia Gillard, she inherited the shambles left by Kevin Crud of lots of promises and money spent for no results, and basically pushed straight into a government where she sold her soul to morons like Bobo the Clown Brown for the 'honour' of governing. Now she has to sell the unsellable, and will pay the price the Crudd's pathetic performance. How anyone could palate bringing that pillock back is beyond me, all media b/s and no substance whatsoever.

Back