ABC TV 730 Report US Property 23rd April 2012

Goodbye post +1

Jeremy, what is all this goodbye stuff?

I'm glad these sharks have been highlighted here. Not exactly the same, but reminds me of the "free flights" we sydneysiders were offered in the early 90's to buy "cheap" property in queensland. Real shonky stuff that was.

I am very happy with my Atlanta purchases so far and privileged to have dealt with the professionals I have met so far in this new journey. Eyes wide open!

Excellent report. I thought the ABC did a great job. Nothing to be disappointed about at all Jeremy. It was a real eye-opener for a lot of people and because it was delivered in the usual measured ABC way it packed a lot of punch.

Excellent report. I thought the ABC did a great job. Nothing to be disappointed about at all Jeremy. It was a real eye-opener for a lot of people and because it was delivered in the usual measured ABC way it packed a lot of punch.
I can't say I felt the same, what do you do when someone with the same name as yourself gets such a reputation?

There's also an Andrew Allen who is a sales agent in North QLD, wonder if he's getting the same emails as myself about this report?

I can't say I felt the same, what do you do when someone with the same name as yourself gets such a reputation?

There's also an Andrew Allen who is a sales agent in North QLD, wonder if he's getting the same emails as myself about this report?

That's very unfortunate, but only a coincidence of names, which regrettably is something I expect you'll just have to work through. I imagine acting quickly and proactively to advise everyone on your database immediately that you are not the perp here would be warranted. Don't wait for doubts to fester or rumours to rise!

That's very unfortunate, but only a coincidence of names, which regrettably is something I expect you'll just have to work through. I imagine acting quickly and proactively to advise everyone on your database immediately that you are not the perp here would be warranted. Don't wait for doubts to fester or rumours to rise!

and therein lies a problem with the way the net works these days. Its only a coincidence yes, but, while schools teach year 2s what is a credible net source, many adults dont have that discernement.

Its really not even about discernement in any case

Its not the people on my database that I would be concerned about................. .its the stuff that will come from google and cached stuff over time.

When a prospective client does a bit of digging around, and mortgage banker John Doe is lambasted for bodgy practices, and being confused with Mortgage broker John Doe, then many folks wont bother going to search any further.

I dont think our AA will have a major issue here, BUT you just dont know what clients one has lost as a result.

I would hope that the ABC make some form of comment on their site........

ta
rolf

Disappointed.
MyUSA was the original driver for this but the others of their ilk were given an equal serve.
A good start but much left to be said. FWIW my interview ran 40+ minutes and barely touched on the subjects shown. Emma171's went double that.
Better than nothing, but I would put it as nothing more than a good start on the bad guys...

Goodbye post +1

Just had a look at the clip and I thought it was very good Jeremy in that it got the message across loud and clear - thank you and Emma for the time and effort you went to to share your experiences on this.

Disappointed.
MyUSA was the original driver for this but the others of their ilk were given an equal serve.
A good start but much left to be said. FWIW my interview ran 40+ minutes and barely touched on the subjects shown. Emma171's went double that.
Better than nothing, but I would put it as nothing more than a good start on the bad guys...

Goodbye post +1

I don't see how you can be disappointed with the program, I thought it was very interesting & informative and I thought you did very well. The 7:30 show segments never run for more than a couple of minutes so regardless of whether they shot you for 40+ minutes you could never have expected that they would show more than a minute of your interview. Maybe if it was a Four Corners program you would have got a lot of airtime but not 7:30...

And to be honest I dont think it needed much more time - for someone like me who knows very little about investing in the USA, it informed me that you have to be EXTREMELY careful who you deal with in this industry and to do a LOT more due diligence than you would for a property in Australia. I'm sure there were more topics you would have liked them to cover but for your average investor I thought it was enough to let them know to very careful.

Oh no - that's terrible. Can you put a short sentence on your website to distance yourself from the shonky namesake? Especially since you are getting emails about it.

Oh no - that's terrible. Can you put a short sentence on your website to distance yourself from the shonky namesake? Especially since you are getting emails about it.
Well.. only 2 so far, hoping it will sinks to the bottom of the pile quickly, and not show up in google searches more importantly.

One of the drawbacks of a common name, doing a quick google search there's a prominent namesake wanted for a nasty crime, however there is also an astronaut called Andrew Allen.. now why couldn't they do a story on him? :)

Well.. only 2 so far, hoping it will sinks to the bottom of the pile quickly, and not show up in google searches more importantly.

One of the drawbacks of a common name, doing a quick google search there's a prominent namesake wanted for a nasty crime, however there is also an astronaut called Andrew Allen.. now why couldn't they do a story on him? :)

Hi Andrew, I wouldn't be too worried. I read a story this morning, and a few weeks ago. Each time, my first thought was, that name's familiar, then that it was you, but as I read on, or thought further, I realised you were based in Brisbane and never encouraging buying in US. I'm sure the same name will do as much good, as bad, as I was thinking you were above that, and you are.

Andrew,
I made Greg Hoy aware of your similar name some months ago. I had considered emailing you in advance but didn't want to pre-empt anything that might (or might not) be shown. We covered an enormous amount of ground in the interview process and I had no idea what angle they would take.

If there is anything I could be of assistance with please let me know - I would be only too happy to assist.

Please accept our sincere apologies.

I wonder if these Australian buyers realize that some of these places in the US are places where you do not go if you are not a local - even during daylight hours.

There are no neighborhoods in Australia where the police are afraid to enter so I think we don't really get it here - we just see a cheap house in Detroit.

I wonder if these Australian buyers realize that some of these places in the US are places where you do not go if you are not a local - even during daylight hours.

There are no neighborhoods in Australia where the police are afraid to enter so I think we don't really get it here - we just see a cheap house in Detroit.

My neighbour is a cop and she is afraid of going into Claymore.

Boomtown

Take the same theory but apply it to the companies in Australia that act as buyers agents or middle men. (There are more just like the ones shown on the TV report this thread started with) I doubt they realise the places where the wholesalers are supplying them with properties are areas where locals would buy. I can't understand why investors don't bother to jump on a plane and have a look at the city or area in the US these companies are proposing. That simple piece of advice would save plenty of investors from losing their dollars in the first place.

Boomtown

Take the same theory but apply it to the companies in Australia that act as buyers agents or middle men. (There are more just like the ones shown on the TV report this thread started with) I doubt they realise the places where the wholesalers are supplying them with properties are areas where locals would buy. I can't understand why investors don't bother to jump on a plane and have a look at the city or area in the US these companies are proposing. That simple piece of advice would save plenty of investors from losing their dollars in the first place.

One word

Its the same reason folks end up with poor financial structuring in mortgages, life insurance et al

That one word is

Convenience​

ta
rolf

Jeremy and emma helped me not to get ripped off.
I bought 2 properties of emma.i couodnt have done it without her.
Jeremy did answered all my questions and more.
Those two people did safe many people money.
Again thank you both.bernie

Hey guys,

I would very much appreciate if someone could post the link with the segment.

I have been based in Kansas City since September 2012 and find that most days I wear a white shirt with a red cross on my back and am just assisting foreign investors that have been screwed over by shady US operators.

Unfortunately foreign investors aren't the only ones. There are many investors from the East and West Coast in the US getting scammed at the "RARA Pump" seminars.

I highly recommend anyone looking at buying in the US to get educated on one of the very high traffic US forums (Not sure if the moderator will allow me to post the forum name). It is hard to keep up with all the daily posts lollol

All turn key operators have quite a stigma on the forum and the shady guys are very quickly kicked off or they just leave.

Back