ABN for family trust with corporate trustee

Hi all
I have set up a family trust with a corporate trustee and have applied for an ABN.

ato has sent back an Australian business register with an ABN but it is addressed to " the trustee for ABC trust" and the Business name: " the trustee for ABC trust"

Is this correct? There is no mention of the corporate trustee.

Have I registered it incorrectly?

Should the business name be " XYZ pty ltd ATF for ABC trust" or should it be generic like " the trustee for ABC trust" ?

Thanks

Exactly rpi. I think that is why the ato do it that way otherwise every time you changed trustee you would need a new abn and tfn. Imagine what a nightmare that would be.

Hi all
I have set up a family trust with a corporate trustee and have applied for an ABN.

ato has sent back an Australian business register with an ABN but it is addressed to " the trustee for ABC trust" and the Business name: " the trustee for ABC trust"

Is this correct? There is no mention of the corporate trustee.

Have I registered it incorrectly?

Should the business name be " XYZ pty ltd ATF for ABC trust" or should it be generic like " the trustee for ABC trust" ?

Thanks

Thats correct. no issue there, however, the ABR site has been through some change of late so expect some delays in receiving the ABN in the mail. There is a improvement in that now you apply for ABN and TFN together rather than separately (For SMSF at least) which saves us 10-15 mins....

Back