absolute beachfr5ont 3bed block home in toogoom under 500k

Thinks I'll just sell it to a Yuppy.[/quote]
3162624446_dca13c3127_o.jpg

You miss my point James. Isn't Hervey Bay "God's waiting room"? So you have a secluded beachside township 13 mins from a beachside township. :) Who will commute between them? I deliberately used the term "gainful employment" and you partly answered that by saying it is close to the new mine. How close?

I'm not trying to be personal and feel free not to answer but do you "work" in the area?

And if I was retiring I would want something a little more comfortable to live in for half a mil.

Buy across the road from the beach you can get a excellent comfy home with all the whistles:p heck buy the 310k never lived in one in oyster court not beachfront around 250metres from the beach

The aldershot coal mine site is 20minutes away

No I don't work in the area I own a managed business and have other investments,online business commitements.
Although a few months ago they were screaming for butchers plenty of rouse about jobs in the bay and some more on fraser island have had 1 friend move here works on fraser and got the job pretty quick chef got a job pretty quick aswell another sawmill in maryborough pretty easy to secure some work and a concreter these are just people I know:cool: oh and 1 on the council

forgot to ad herveybay is a city not a township now :p

heres one for 517k http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=37383721&s=qld&snf=ras&tm=1265940660

surely you could talk em down

oh and heres one for
1.7mill http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=37383721&s=qld&snf=ras&tm=1265940660

theres also one in shellcot street 2bedder across the road from the beach 265k land across the road in this street is usually 240-270k rent returns are absolute crap unless a holiday rental then your looking at 150 a night atm...

block of land not beachfront town water sewered fenced daily transport stones throw to the lake and beach starts at 110k show me anywhere along the queensland coast you can buy land 13mins to 1 city 25mins to another and some of the best schools in qld for this price... of course I am biased as I live here with that said I also have lived in yeppoon/mackay

Last edited:
What's the appeal?

A serious question: Who would want to live there? I wouldn't. "Sea breezes" get tiresome when in fact they are salt laden SE Trade winds. It just looks like an expensive w/ender to me and it's a long drive from anywhere you might be gainfully employed through roads which are some of the most heavily policed in Qld.

I would.

I love the water.

Cos he wants to identify and speak to any interested parties. Most agents don't disclose addresses in the paper until they have the first open house.

So, shall we all call say in an hour's time and really freak the agent out? :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

I can never understand why the listing agents never give the address in some of these trap door adds,if they don't have the address then the only way is to make the call:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I used to not bother, but on re.com.au you can email the agent quite conveniently, without entering your phone number. The other day I fired off about 40 of these messages, simply asking for the address. 38 of them probably all went to the same agent because this one lady seemed really annoyed at but maybe that'll teach her to put the addresses in the ads.

A silly question from someone who is not that familiar with Queensland..do they get irikanji or marine stingers here? What about at Bundaberg?

Wasn't an issue when I was at Agnes Waters to the north. Was an issue in the river at Gladstone and on Great Keppel Islsland in summer months.

I used to not bother, but on re.com.au you can email the agent quite conveniently, without entering your phone number. The other day I fired off about 40 of these messages, simply asking for the address. 38 of them probably all went to the same agent because this one lady seemed really annoyed at but maybe that'll teach her to put the addresses in the ads.

Go Ian! That'll learn 'em. They waste your time, you waste theirs :D

A silly question from someone who is not that familiar with Queensland..do they get irikanji or marine stingers here? What about at Bundaberg?

Wasn't an issue when I was at Agnes Waters to the north. Was an issue in the river at Gladstone and on Great Keppel Islsland in summer months.

Things change over time Ajax. When I was a lad neither irukandji nor box jellies were a threat, but we never swam in open water anyway because of the sharks. Today everyone feels safe if they are wearing a stinger suit. (I still would not feel safe in a chain-mail suit :)) Box jellies became a problem, maybe 20 years ago and irukandji only in recent years. This is pure speculation but it may have something to do with the loss of turtle populations.

But if the AGW alarmists are right, they will migrate south and the property will go underwater anyway. :D :D

most agents would ignore 40 emails coming from the same adress have had agents when have sent an email not return an email at all. worsee case they'll think it's spam and not even bother opening

Things change over time Ajax. When I was a lad neither irukandji nor box jellies were a threat, but we never swam in open water anyway because of the sharks. Today everyone feels safe if they are wearing a stinger suit. (I still would not feel safe in a chain-mail suit :)) Box jellies became a problem, maybe 20 years ago and irukandji only in recent years. This is pure speculation but it may have something to do with the loss of turtle populations.

But if the AGW alarmists are right, they will migrate south and the property will go underwater anyway. :D :D

Have swam in the beach here many times you have more chance of getting hit buy a bus then eaten by a shark how's the crocs up north?

have never seen the poisinus type in toogoom beach with stingers plenty in yeppoon/9mile etc as for sharks the water is crystal clear in toogoom so you'll know pretty quick unlike other parts of qld.
you would have to walk a fair way out in most parts of the beach to get more then a shovel nose who have no teeth

Again you miss my point James. ALL our beaches are safer than our roads.

And things DO change over time regards jellyfish. Our wonderful scientists who can tell us the climate in 50 years time can't tell us if or why stinger populations are changing. It was a reasonable question, I thought.

Again you miss my point James. ALL our beaches are safer than our roads.

And things DO change over time regards jellyfish. Our wonderful scientists who can tell us the climate in 50 years time can't tell us if or why stinger populations are changing. It was a reasonable question, I thought.

yeah a valid question seems like a how long is a peice of string question though as no one really knows in 10yrs I bet $1 that any decent beachfront property in toogoom is in the mill range as for the beach swallowing up your house very much doubt it my wifes grandmother had a beachfront here many years ago the house was knocked down and a beaut double storey brick now sits where the original toogom house was one of the first sold it undervalue at 180k you would be paying over 2mill for it today as it's the closest to the beachfront and you own part of the beach in moreton street:p

I used to not bother, but on re.com.au you can email the agent quite conveniently, without entering your phone number.

I thought others might be interested in a reply I got today:

Thank you for your recent e-mail enquiry. Please reply with a contact phone number and I will have the relevant Agent contact you with further details.

No deal! I'd rather get 1000 email spams than even 1 sms spam later down the track...

I thought others might be interested in a reply I got today:

No deal! I'd rather get 1000 email spams than even 1 sms spam later down the track...

hehe yeah have had this response before when not leaving a number or emailed gets ignored

Worst was a 1.9mil block of units I am seriously interested in have even left my phone number still no response however have got loads of spam about other properties from the agent

Back