absolute beachfr5ont 3bed block home in toogoom under 500k

I never get excited about a place before finding out the address. I've known waterfront to actually mean:

- roadfront
- walkway-front
- parkfront

All across from the water of course ;)

I never get excited about a place before finding out the address. I've known waterfront to actually mean:

- roadfront
- walkway-front
- parkfront

All across from the water of course ;)

nah walk out in the yard and your on the beach alot of places in toogoom have this type of beachfront but not alot around this price range though...

nah walk out in the yard and your on the beach alot of places in toogoom have this type of beachfront but not alot around this price range though...

So, given that the REA hasn't provided the address, why don't think you think they are marketing as "beachfront" when it could be more like Ianvestor describes? :p

I always find it suspicious when REAs don't provide the address - and why no "beachfront" photo?

Here we have different terms for waterfront.

Absolute means you own to the shore and is private.

Waterfront reserve means there is public land between you and the water. Sometimes this might be a well used path and sometimes it is just lawn inaccessible to the public except by water.

I reckon someone interested could use the photos supplied and google maps to find the address and position.

I have done it before so I reckon anyone could.

So, given that the REA hasn't provided the address, why don't think you think they are marketing as "beachfront" when it could be more like Ianvestor describes? :p

I always find it suspicious when REAs don't provide the address - and why no "beachfront" photo?

That particalur agent barely discloses adresses I live in the area mate beachfront in toogoom means walk through your back yard and your on the beach not acrosss the road heck you can buy one across the road for 265k in shellcot street walk across to a path that goes to the beach with local traffic only street I used to live on the beachfront in toogoom anyways just thought it was a good deal obviously anyone seriously interested would ring wayne and ask the approaite questions he is pretty straight forward ask anyone thats stayed in beachfront accomadation in toogoom there is no roads to cross

That particalur agent barely discloses adresses I live in the area mate beachfront in toogoom means walk through your back yard and your on the beach not acrosss the road heck you can buy one across the road for 265k in shellcot street walk across to a path that goes to the beach with local traffic only street I used to live on the beachfront in toogoom anyways just thought it was a good deal obviously anyone seriously interested would ring wayne and ask the approaite questions he is pretty straight forward ask anyone thats stayed in beachfront accomdation in toogoom there is no roads to cross

Never understood that! I spose the theory is that you get the punters interested enough to phone and ask. Anyone who doesn't ring probably wasn't serious enough anyway.

What's the appeal?

A serious question: Who would want to live there? I wouldn't. "Sea breezes" get tiresome when in fact they are salt laden SE Trade winds. It just looks like an expensive w/ender to me and it's a long drive from anywhere you might be gainfully employed through roads which are some of the most heavily policed in Qld.

So why not the REA provide it?

Quite normal in beachfront properties. privacy reasons maybe a holiday home with valuable furniture tv's celeb neighbour etc. or the vendor has asked for the buyers to be screened
wayne just doesn't seem to put adresses on his listings in toogoom

To know why you would have to ask him:rolleyes:

Fair enough. I'm so used to just having all that info to hand in the 'burbs, that it annoys me when it's not provided. But I can see how specific areas may need to be treated differently.

What's the appeal?

A serious question: Who would want to live there? I wouldn't. "Sea breezes" get tiresome when in fact they are salt laden SE Trade winds. It just looks like an expensive w/ender to me and it's a long drive from anywhere you might be gainfully employed through roads which are some of the most heavily policed in Qld.

lol sunfish miles from anywhere hmm hervey bay is 13minutes drive away why do people seem to think Toogoom is in the sticks:confused: It's also the closest beach town to that coal mine happening in aldershot...

I can never understand why the listing agents never give the address in some of these trap door adds,if they don't have the address then the only way is to make the call:rolleyes::rolleyes:,beachfront can mean many things up that way,but that area comes with one big problem"big hard
sandflies"in the morning and afternoon they only drop off in winter,no use having beachfront if you have to spend all day inside a hot house..willair..

lol sunfish miles from anywhere hmm hervey bay is 13minutes drive away why do people seem to think Toogoom is in the sticks:confused: It's also the closest beach town to that coal mine happening in aldershot...

You miss my point James. Isn't Hervey Bay "God's waiting room"? So you have a secluded beachside township 13 mins from a beachside township. :) Who will commute between them? I deliberately used the term "gainful employment" and you partly answered that by saying it is close to the new mine. How close?

I'm not trying to be personal and feel free not to answer but do you "work" in the area?

And if I was retiring I would want something a little more comfortable to live in for half a mil.

I can never understand why the listing agents never give the address in some of these trap door adds,if they don't have the address then the only way is to make the call:rolleyes::rolleyes:,beachfront can mean many things up that way,but that area comes with one big problem"big hard
sandflies"in the morning and afternoon they only drop off in winter,no use having beachfront if you have to spend all day inside a hot house..willair..

Me either guess that's waynes choice luckily I live here and a drive around the area will spot it easily enough.
As for mozzies not that bad anymore depending on the area river heads is much worse. buy some skintastic:p
I live not to far from the beach no mozzies here during the day 10 yrs ago plenty.

Council did something beats me what but it worked to some extent only time we have problems with mozzies is at night if the yard hasn't been mowed like everywhere else on a side note wayne should pay me some of his commision if it sells to someone through somersoft hmmm or at least a slab:D

My Grandparents lived right on the beach in a grand home. It was always shut up to keep out the wind and the salt destroyed anything "nice" they owned, including the pianola. Rusted the reo in the steel stumps too. I have an IP too close to the sandflies and it is a pain to rent. I would never live in it, but it is in a "desirable" suburb. Thinks I'll just sell it to a Yuppy.

Back