accountant and offshore people

hmmm. i make comment about accountants using offshore staff in malaysia, vietnam and india and deleted. wonder why. maybe because i name firm who i hear use them. not this post.

i only say. ask accountant. do you use offshore labour. many accountants doing it. cheap labour and charge client same fee. not fair. they argue cant find staff here in australia but dont tell you work going overseas. maybe security not good and your identity stolen.

hope ato looks into this. information all going offshore including tax file numbers and other details. i cant see this but bad. why accountants not telling clients your work go to another country and we check it. sneaky i think.

A timely reminder to all posters

G'day Secret Squirrel,

wonder why. maybe because i name firm who i hear use them. not this post.
Naming people/firms etc. in a negative light is dangerous to us all. They may like to sue you for making these comments - you are "Secret Squirrel" - who IS that? But the forum is somersoft.com.au = easily identifiable.

So, be careful what you say on an open forum.

Moderators take action based on comments made. Your post was deleted - learn from it,

Regards,

Hiya

If you pay for a service or product that provides X, and it is provided in a satisfactory manner at a price you agree to, and it doesnt have a MADE in Australia label on it, or you havent asked the question, then ....stiff cheese.

I dont like it either with any work going offshore, I prefer Australian Produc, but guess what.........almost all of us are responsible................ chasing lower prices for goods and services.

The IT and telemarketing industries have been doing it for years, AND with ok results.

ta
rolf

I understand that Rolf.

But a suggestion was made that somebody was using offshore resources to provide services to Australia.

I understand that it's possible that it did happen.

But the information was provided as a rumour, with a company named.

That's an area where I don't want to go.

Agree with Rolfe;

Half of the USA has been shipped overseas to places like China, India, et al for the cheaper labour.
Sad, but reality.
The USA is, in my opinion, is about 2-3 generations away from a welfare state.
It will happen to a degree in every country where there is an expensive labour force and there are cheaper labour markets elsewhere that they can use via electronic media.
The middle-class over here have been 'down-sized' and are out of work, the CEO's are getting richer as the bottom line gets better due to this practice, so the only jobs still remaining in the country are the ones where people physically have to be on-site to perform them; eg; nurses, doctors, teachers, police, tradies etc, and the top-end professional white-collar jobs.
The unskilled labour market is going through a price war; don't even think about asking for more than $10 per hour, and the illegals will do it for $7 with no benefits.
The corporations don't care either; the cheaper the labour force is, the better for them, and they have a LOT of influence on Capitol Hill, so there won't be any wage increases anytime soon. Half of Congress work for the very Corporations that stand to benefit from no wage increases.
Fortunately for us we have a nice big ocean all the way around the country to keep out the un-invited guests, but it will still happen to a degree in Aus.
Accounting is all done by internet, phone, fax these days; I haven't actually seen my accountant for over 3 years, so why does he need to be in Aus? He doesn't, and fortunately he still operates solely from his office in Melb, but you can see why they would go off-shore if they don't need to be face-to-face with the client.

interesting thread

my adelaide cbd accountant she has just informed me that in fact all my work over the last few years was being done by <foreign sounding name> and she has merely been reviewing it

it is very disconcerting to discover that the person you thought your records were safe with has not been in fact working on them at all!!

i am happy to continue the arrangement after all it has worked well thus far, but this thread now makes me wonder if the underling is actually located in australia... ???? :confused:

I read somewhere a few years ago (sorry too busy to check out a reference), that in the Netherlands the Dutch were increasingly getting their income from social services because they didn't want to work. Labour was being imported, and because it was cheaper. So the imported labour was financially supporting the Dutch social services.

I read somewhere a few years ago (sorry too busy to check out a reference), that in the Netherlands the Dutch were increasingly getting their income from social services because they didn't want to work. Labour was being imported, and because it was cheaper. So the imported labour was financially supporting the Dutch social services.

That ties in with my housemates experience. He lived and worked in the Netherlands for about 6 months this year. He told me of a whole group of people who live on welfare, similar to the 'Dole Army'. Apparently the benefits are quite good (not that much less than working from what I understand).

Back