Accountants & Advisers

W

WebBoard

What is the best way to find accountants and advisers who have a good grasp on the things we are talking about on this forum. I have made an appointment with one, which gives me a chance to kind of interview him. Is this worth doing.
What things should I be asking to really know if they can help me.
-------------------
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi firefrog,

If it's free to interview this account then it doesn't hurt to give it a try but if it's gonna cost you money then forget it.

I've been looking for a good accountant for a long time and I've interviewed many, but most of them just know nothing about investing. They always tell you "this can NOT be done!!".

One of the accountants I interviewed wanted to charge me $150 for the talk, in which I was the one teaching him everything I know. End of the talk, he asked me 'are you from a finance background?'. I told him 'No, I am only a chemical engineer.'
I was unhappy with the service he provided and of course I didn't pay him that $150.

Anyway, it's just me whinging.

I suggest you talk to them on the phone first to find out what they actually know before you go and see them. That way you don't waste your valuable time on interviewing another useless accountant.

Regards
yuchun

Reply: 1.1

Good morning.

You should interview the prospective accountant just as you would a prospective employee.

Ask the accountant if they own investment properties. If they don't, they cannot possibly teach you anything, or, know the tricks to use to maximise your results.

Good luck

Dale
CPA & Investor

Reply: 1.1.1

Dale,

I think the correct question to ask the accountant should be - how many investment properties do you own?

Regards
yuchun

Reply: 2

I would be happy to recommend mine. He is in Glenelg. Let me know if you need more info.
Julie_adelaide

Reply: 2.1

Julie - Please, I would love to here about your accountant. You may email me at [email protected]
Thanks
The Frog

Back