Addicted to the Forum

W

WebBoard

Does anyone else feel like they are addicted to this forum...

My boyfriend rings me and asks what I am doing. I say "mmm...nothin'..." he says "you are on the forum again, aren't you!". I say (guiltily)"...noooo... ok maybe...I was just checking!...I don't want to miss anything important...."

;-) ToD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

i can think of a lot worse addictions!

Reply: 1.1

And I can think of better ones too....

Especially if you have a partner, wink wink say no more...

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 1.1.1

IP people are definelty inclined to be addictive, Me personally i think I got it under control, but one friend of mine everytime i chat to him on Internet all he talks of is IP .... Very addicted !!!

Reply: 1.2

Just because I log on at lunchtime for a read and most nights too, doesn't mean I'm addicted....Does it???
I once went for two whole days without logging on. There that proves I'm not addicted!!

Reply: 1.2.1

I'm not addicted either,

am I??

GUYS, AM I????

asy

Reply: 2

Hi ToD & others,

I found a net addiction site with a self test:
http://www.netaddiction.com/resources/internet_addiction_test.htm

If you score well "You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

So what control measures can we put in place bearing in mind that this forum is an aid to wealth creation and understanding property investment?

The two obvious factors to control are time and money. Are you using the online time productively and at a reasonable cost?

If you are new to IP or building a team such as The Wife is doing where networking is part of that process, then you will spend more time online, accordingly.

As far as partner or spouse problems are concerned, problems may still exist even if you are a normal user due to the fact that it may not be a shared activity and the other person is excluded. That is different to binge behaviour but it is a relationship problem and, therefore, important not to ignore.

For my part, shortly I will be off to London where I will tap into the local Cashflow community. If I can find a few other Expats, I might burn a game board and create a Cashflow Ashes series. Now there's addiction for you! ;-)

Regards, Mike

Addicted to the Forum/wine

Reply: 2.1

Is there amy propa predicton on the amoint of hours on forim as is to amont of wine drunks?

Back