Adding a bathroom

Greetings All,

Our PPR, master bedroom has walk in robes (2.1m X 1.8m). We only have one bathroom so decided to convert the WIR into a bathroom. A plumber quoted around 5K which includes;
- Doing the plumbing and fitting of shower/basic/toilet
- Patch up the walls (after damages caused by pipe work)
- Fix a door (cos, WIR does not have a door)

I'll supply
- The door
- Basin/Toilet/Shower Cubicle/Taps etc...
- Paint

Without the WIR, the bedroom is 4X5 m so a I'll be putting robes (buy flat packs) once the bathroom is done.

Do you think 5K is reasonable?
WIR has Laminate flooring and we're deciding to keep it to reduce the cost. Has anyone got WIR has Laminate flooring in the bathroom? Plumber said that there is a risk of water damage.

Last edited:
We just did our new bathroom (see pics in photo gallery) and the actual plumbing bill was $2.5K. Hubby did everything else. Fixed new wall sheeting, put down floor sheeting. Our plumbing was easily accessible under the floor though, and this would make a difference to time involved for plumber.

Another plumber quoted $4K but we chose a plumber who gave us a ballpark figure of $2K and we said we would be happy to trust him and pay by the hour, and it ended up being $2.5K. I know quotes must allow for things going wrong, but we did save $1.5K that would have been pure profit for the first plumber.

And I'd definitely tile the floor.

Back