Adding a level to existing home

I am thinking of adding a level to my existing single storey home.

The concern I had though is I have an expensive kitchen below the area I want to add a level and the floor is fully laid with travertine tiles. If they take the roof away to get the second level up, is there any feasible means for the builder to provide temporary cover from rain so it doesn't damage the kitchen and flooring during construction?

I am thinking of adding a level to my existing single storey home.

The concern I had though is I have an expensive kitchen below the area I want to add a level and the floor is fully laid with travertine tiles. If they take the roof away to get the second level up, is there any feasible means for the builder to provide temporary cover from rain so it doesn't damage the kitchen and flooring during construction?

The best way to make it rain (with the possible exception of prayer), is to wash your car or lift a roof off your house. :p:D

The builder provides temporary cover with tarps etc. I'd be more concerned about them damaging the travertine floor tiles with ladders, and construction tools, than getting the kitchen wet.

make sure its done well.

a friend of mine just had some of their carpets damaged in rain when putting an upstairs on their home. i think they were also replacing lights and the rain came through the holes where the old lights were.

You can add a upper storey pod (USP) which is built in a factory then craned onto the existing walls below. The roof is opened up days before installation then closed 1-2 days after install. Install only takes 1 day. Exposure to the weather is minimal

Addiing an Upper Floor

I know of a builder perfect for the job (One I use for my Granny Flats) and he is an expert in Extending. Especially second floor additions. If you need a referral. Please contact myself through my site.

Thanks

Back