Adding a semi-detached dwelling

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I have a large amount of land on my property that we do not use and and have been meaning to do something with. It could easily be split off from my property to create an allotment with 9 metre street frontage and a 40 metre depth. I would love to build a small house on it to sell. I live in the council area of Burnside in Adelaide and looking on their development plan, it seems I cannot build a detached dwelling on this site as the minimum frontage allotment for a detached dwelling in my suburb is 15 metres. Semi-detached dwellings can be built on an allotment with a minimum of 9 metres frontage.

What I would like to ask is would it be permitted to build a semi-detached dwelling attached to my existing house? If I keep the same style of the house? Has anyone ever seen or heard of this before? I would love to know because I don't know what I could do with this land otherwise.

Last edited:
Local Council

Joely,

I invite you to visit your local council and to manage a meeting with their SENIOR development officer. The meeting is free and you should received the right answers to your questions. If one meeting is not enough - Don't be defeated. Go back as many time as needed. If you are not familiar with the property development process and its legal requirements - I invite you to talk to a town planner.

Lionel K
Property Development Management
Land acquisition, due diligence, schematic, feasibility studies, development and exit strategies, option agreement, council negotiation, architecture, interior Design, consultant coordination, bca compliance, construction certificate, project and construction management, occupation certificate, education and mentoring program.

Last edited:
Back