Adelaide 2 houses for sale

Hello
I have 2 investement properties for sale in Adelaide with the following specifications.

Suburb
Blakeview $180K
40 mins North of Adelaide cbd(@35km).
It is 10 mins walk to the Munno Para shopping centre, and within walking distance to all schools etc etc.
Small 3 bedroom home on @670 sqm on a semi triangular lot in a culdesac(no through road).
The house is about 8 years old, and I bought it from AV Jennings as a house and land package.
The house is tired looking and probably needs a paint inside, I not long ago replaced the hotwater system, and the front door.
The house has alot of potential either as an investement property or as a first home.
The house has reverse cycle air conditioning in the lounge, concrete driveway, a garden that is pretty ordinary.
It has been constantly tenanted over the years by around 4 sets of tenants, the current set of tenants has their lease expire in Febuary.
It is currently rented at $165 per week and it can be rented out for $180, I have lost interest and have not kept up with rent increases, along with the fact I do not tend to increase rents while the same tenants live there.
I want to sell the house discreetly, without involving realestate agents, and am prepared to take something off the price for this to occur.
Please do not respond if you do not want to directly purchase the property, I am not interested in dealing with real estate agents.

While I can produce photographs, I am not to keen on open inspections etc. I could organise an inspection if it is absolutely essential.

The other house is in the suburb of Skye $480,000
Old Norton Summit road

12km from the CBD. It is a large family home with 3 bedrooms, and includes a full size billiard table, Sauna, inground 45,000 litre pool, gazeebo, winter creek, and resident Koala (which I will miss alot).
I have owned the property since mid 1999 and have spent about $60,000 on improvements including gutter replacement, insulation replacement, total internal upgrades etc.
The land is approx 1 and a quarter acres mainly non usable land, it is in the hills face zone so cannot be subdivided. The water is supplied by a private company and costs $1500 per year.
The property includes a 27,000 litre rainwater tank (never been used or connected) that is capable of supplying most of the homes needs.
Once again I would be interested in a silent sale involving as little hassle as possiblem, and again I am willing to discount to do this
Tenants have a lease until around June the rent is currently $300 per week.
I have had the house tenanted since purchase, and had the following rents.
$350 for 1 year
$375 for 1 year
$475 for 1 year

The reason it is rented at $300 per week at the moment is because I wanted it rented immediately, and it was the start of winter with what is essentially a summer house. I also find that tenants above $400 per week in Adelaide are extremely demanding.

With regard to conditions, I am not interested in long settlements or vacant possession or any other unusual or creative purchasing techniques.

Any questions or interest please respont to this post stating your email address, and I will reply promptly, or email me at [email protected].

Hello
No I have not been that active (until this week) in trying to sell them. Thats why Im visiting the forum. I have just created a webpage to try and sell Blakeview, and I advertised in the news messenger on wednesday.
If I can successfully sell Blakeview privately then I will give Skye a go.

The website is Creydall Systems
Just click on the house at the top, there are photos, descriptions, and phone numbers if you are interested.

I am getting a bit disheartened with the way the State Government in South Australia is treating land owners, apparently anyone who has a rental property is a filthy fat and greedy landlord who deserves to be taxed into oblivion, after listening to our state treasurer on the ABC radio the other day I can only come to the conclusion that he is a W*NK*R, and that is as lightly as I can put it. Surely the Pokie revenues, gst charged on our stamp duties, the ESL, land tax, GST they recieve from the federal Govt is enough, without having to go us for everything.
I have an idea, grab the treasurer by the ear and drag him around to all the old age nursing homes in the area and find out from the politicians of the 50s,60s and 70s how they not only managed to govern us without hocking of all of our assets but amazingly they managed to create infrastructure, and believe it or not they did it without selling their communities soul to the poker machines, nor any of the other massive revenue streams they have at the moment.
PS I'm a labour voter
Regards Adam Randall

Hi Acey Ducey
You make a fair point but I reckon this is probably just the natural lag effect Adelaide tends to have (last to rise - last to fall).

I was tired and cranky last night but I think the general attitude that all landlords are rich (which the state govt is portraying) is annoying.
I would say the great majority of landlords are just ordinary people trying to take responsibility for their own future, and it feels like our Govt is preying on this and raking in large amounts of cash in the process.
I guarantee if prices dropped like a stone the govt would find a way to rationalise keeping the $value of our taxes at the same level.

With regard to the properties, I have had quite a few people pm or email me with what I would call "creative" offers. I dont mind these emails but please understand I will not respond to them and you are wasting your time.

The terms I would accept are a settlement period of no more than 20 days.

Vacant Possesion
This term seems to have different meanings, I would offer vacant possesion IE; you may move in immediately and start making changes to the property before settlement, on successful clearance of a non-refundable deposit of $15,000 into my account.
This of course would not be possible with any conditions such as subject to finance etc, due to the risk of losing your deposit if finance is not approved.

This is a great chance for someone who is keen and full of enthusiasm to come in and do a quick makeover, and onsell for a profit before settlement has even taken place.
Regards Adam

:D Whoops
Yes there are always people worse off than ourselves.
I still think that investing in property is the best way to go even though my circumstances have changed, and I am trying to start my own business, I will be investing in more property some time down the track and of course I will be holding on to the house in Athelstone which has all the hallmarks of a perfect investement property, and will certainly be the template I use for all future property purchases.
Regards Adam

Last edited:
adaran01 said:
Hi Acey Ducey
You make a fair point but I reckon this is probably just the natural lag effect Adelaide tends to have (last to rise - last to fall).

I was tired and cranky last night but I think the general attitude that all landlords are rich (which the state govt is portraying) is annoying.
I would say the great majority of landlords are just ordinary people trying to take responsibility for their own future, and it feels like our Govt is preying on this and raking in large amounts of cash in the process.
I guarantee if prices dropped like a stone the govt would find a way to rationalise keeping the $value of our taxes at the same level.

With regard to the properties, I have had quite a few people pm or email me with what I would call "creative" offers. I dont mind these emails but please understand I will not respond to them and you are wasting your time.

The terms I would accept are a settlement period of no more than 20 days.

Vacant Possesion
This term seems to have different meanings, I would offer vacant possesion IE; you may move in immediately and start making changes to the property before settlement, on successful clearance of a non-refundable deposit of $15,000 into my account.
This of course would not be possible with any conditions such as subject to finance etc, due to the risk of losing your deposit if finance is not approved.

This is a great chance for someone who is keen and full of enthusiasm to come in and do a quick makeover, and onsell for a profit before settlement has even taken place.
Regards Adam

I gather you are offering Vacant Possession because the house is not currently tenanted. Are you purposely selling without tenants?

Hello
Yes it makes it far easier to sell a house if no tenants are in, that is exactly what I was waiting for (for the tenants to move out).
The Blakeview house has never been without tenants for more than a week.
It allows me to market the property to both first home buyers and investors.

I have dropped the price to $185,000 I really dont want it sitting there empty for a long time, and I am not the type to hold out for a few extra $.

For this suburb that is a very cheap price, there is another house in the same court of 8 houses and they are advertising for 205K+.

If I can sell this house without a realestate agent, it means I can sell the house cheaper than I otherwise would.

I also have rent statements that show that the house has been constantly rented out for the last 9 years without a break by several sets of tenants.

Last rent rate was $180 and that had not been reviewed for a long time.

http://www.creydall.com for all the info you need.

I checked out your house on the web.
Looks like the garden needs a lot of work.
Surely if you spent a few hundred in the garden. Quick coat of paint.
and fill it with some furniture, to give it that lived in look you would be able to list it for more than $185K. Right now in its current state you are probably listing at around the right price but would probably receive considerably less.
I am sure having the house empty is not helping with its value.
Good luck with the sale.
Which agent are you going to list with?

Back