Adelaide Building Inspector / Eng

Hi all to the Adelaide SS crew,

I have a property inspection scheduled for our shed next week, and would very much like to have a qualified builder or structural engineer by my side.

Any recommendations of someone in Adelaide who has a keen eye and a long ladder would be most appreciated.

I wouldn't mind some reccomendations for good building inspectors in Adelaide either! Those that can come down to Marino would be good for me.

You didn't mention which area(s) you want inspected Dazz.

Well, I want the floor, the walls, the roof and everything in between inspected.

Just engaged the services of an inspector less than 10 mins ago.

Thanks for the contact Rob. :)

Yeah, I requested 2 full days.....but the Tenant's Director must be there and accompany us at all times, and he's such a Sydney big-shot he could only spare one day.....so we'll have to squeeze it in over a 9 hour period.

A veritable shopping list of stuff for him to fix and improve. I'm looking forward to it.

He's already regretting that as an expensive email that he sent me 2 months ago whinging and complaining about maintenance issues that he didn't realise he was liable for.

There's nothing better I like than a busy Director of a Tenant that doesn't read the Lease carefully....they are a joy to do business with.

After my lawyers have finished with him, he'll wish he never sent that whingy email.

After my lawyers have finished with him, he'll wish he never sent that whingy email.

So, in this case, can the tenants decide they no longer want the repairs made unless the issues are safety issues?

I have read the lease for our business, and there really isnt much specifically outlined about who is responsible for what, except the servicing of the air-conditioner. Our business toilet backed up the other day - turns out it isnt our problem but an EWS issue. The landlord has just finished the completion of a new private road - except the EWS (our water/sewer Govt Agency) will now be digging up their brand new road because of the blockage issues. :eek::D EWS has to pay - except not sure if that means the road will be re-tarmaced as it is a private one. That road is not on our tenancy thank god!

can the tenants decide they no longer want the repairs made unless the issues are safety issues?

No, they must perform / fix / repair / replace anything that is ordered by the Landlord as per the inspection - obviously within the exact wording of the Lease.

I have read the lease for our business, and there really isnt much specifically outlined about who is responsible for what

We obviously have vastly different Leases.

No, they must perform / fix / repair / replace anything that is ordered by the Landlord as per the inspection - obviously within the exact wording of the Lease.

We obviously have vastly different Leases.

I think our landlords are new to commercial leases. We normally sublease and think we will return to that when the current lease expires.

He's already regretting that as an expensive email that he sent me 2 months ago whinging and complaining about maintenance issues that he didn't realise he was liable for.

There's nothing better I like than a busy Director of a Tenant that doesn't read the Lease carefully....they are a joy to do business with.

ROTFLMAO

Can't wait to hear how the inspection goes. :)

Don't know a good one but stay well away from Pre-inspections (Cnr Northcote & Robe Tce Medindie - Medindie House). Dealed with them this year and totally dodgy practice. Even if you do try to use them chances are he won't rock up or if he does getting the report out of him will be like trying to get blood out of stone....or in other words impossible! Arghhh, makes me so angry to see people like this in business.

Back