Adelaide: First Investment

And what a night of "celebration" it was.

Went out with my best mates for some pool, a coffee etc, and get home ready for bed, and Mclaren Vale tomorrow. All was going nicely... until i find my dads car absolutely smashed, and the neighbours water connection destroyed, spraying water 3m into the air.

Turns out they heard loud noises on 2 separate occasions, but saw nothing when they went out. We inspected the damage, then went back in after calling the police.

No sooner had we sat down, we heard it again. So my brother, father, and I bolted out the front door to chase these bunch of little pricks down the street.

Turns out, there was a yr 10-12 party at a house maybe 8-9 down from us, and these guys thought they would be cool and impress the girls. Pity they left evidence at the scene, and ran into the house they were at instead of splitting.

The mother of the house played dumb, denied everything, which was the worst bit... but the police knew it was them, but no one owned up, so nothing can be done.

Tomorrow my brother and I are going over to tell the owner that her and her daughter find who did it, or we are taking them to small claims court for all the damage. The car is insured, but no way should my parents pay the excess, and no way should my neighbour pay for her water piping.

We will also mention that she was serving alcohol to minors, which has a nice hefty fine attached to it.

Pretty sure serving alcohol to minors on your own property is legal.

But definitely poor form by the kids and the mother on all fronts.

Im pretty sure it is legal... but she doesnt seem like she would know, so it would just be a ploy to get her to get her son to own up to it.

Ended up buying in Paradise

Im pretty sure it is legal... but she doesnt seem like she would know, so it would just be a ploy to get her to get her son to own up to it.

Solid. Well done. Followed your story and others comments. Based on what I read you made an excellent choice. Take a bow the Adelaide market is not for beginners given our heavily diversified market in comparison to many cities. You have choosen a robust solid suburb with mostly excellent tenants. As a fellow investor (I have only one IP in my home town but more than a few around Australia) the hot move in Adelaide ATM (has been for 3 years) is still student accommodation. Look into it.

Mike

Hi,

Paradise is a nice area, havn't seen much growth though in the area lately. Nice big blocks and easy rentability.

Thanks guys.

Im not looking for a quick dollar, well with this property anyway.

Its close to everything (obahn, Linea Park, shopping centre), in a little quiet group. The tenant is also really nice, studying for his PHD, so that helped seal it a little for me.

On to my next purchase, which i hope to make before my 23rd bday in May.

Back