Adelaide Investment Suburbs

Anyone have any input regarding Brahma lodge up near salisbury? Median house price has dropped significantly there over the last few years

Anyone have any input regarding Brahma lodge up near salisbury? Median house price has dropped significantly there over the last few years

Fairly rough and ugly imho, same build era as Elizabeth. *however* the block sizes can be generous in size and dimensions, making them conducive to development, so there's been some interest in the area. I'm not a fan personally though.

Fairly rough and ugly imho, same build era as Elizabeth. *however* the block sizes can be generous in size and dimensions, making them conducive to development, so there's been some interest in the area. I'm not a fan personally though.

Most of the properties in this suburb are close to salisbury CBD and station. Have noticed the bigger blocks getting snapped up pretty Quickly. What makes you say your not a fan CJay? Shoddy demographics or unattractive yields?

Most of the properties in this suburb are close to salisbury CBD and station. Have noticed the bigger blocks getting snapped up pretty Quickly. What makes you say your not a fan CJay? Shoddy demographics or unattractive yields?

As I mentioned previously, the area is relatively 'ugly'. The poor builds of the time, generally neglected and little quality outdoor public areas. If you've driven through the areas, you'd understand.

Proximity to Salisbury centre doesn't mean much, as almost all the suburbs are near it, and any area which isn't is generally newer and more desirable from aesthetics.

I'd sooner look into Para Hills, Ingle Farm etc for similar-slightly higher budget.

As I mentioned previously, the area is relatively 'ugly'. The poor builds of the time, generally neglected and little quality outdoor public areas. If you've driven through the areas, you'd understand.

Proximity to Salisbury centre doesn't mean much, as almost all the suburbs are near it, and any area which isn't is generally newer and more desirable from aesthetics.

I'd sooner look into Para Hills, Ingle Farm etc for similar-slightly higher budget.

Agree better value paying slightly more for para hills and ingle farm. Really like ingle farm.

Median house price in Plympton park is $427,000. Knowing the area this block is nearly twice the size of the average 700sqm block in the suburb. Don't compare this to the semis in the northern suburbs. Plympton Park is a well positioned suburb, along the tram line between the city (approx 7km out) and the beach. I'm sure a developer in the know will squeeze a few on this large block and make a tidy profit.

Median house price in Plympton park is $427,000. Knowing the area this block is nearly twice the size of the average 700sqm block in the suburb. Don't compare this to the semis in the northern suburbs. Plympton Park is a well positioned suburb, along the tram line between the city (approx 7km out) and the beach. I'm sure a developer in the know will squeeze a few on this large block and make a tidy profit.
You're right... Because I really don't know the difference between the Plympton suburbs (where I lived for 26 years) and Elizabeth (where I own investments). There is no tidy profit to be made in this purchase when you do the sums.

You're right... Because I really don't know the difference between the Plympton suburbs (where I lived for 26 years) and Elizabeth (where I own investments). There is no tidy profit to be made in this purchase when you do the sums.

I'm just providing some info rather than making generalised statements. Care to share your sums based on the Northern Policy Area 13 (City of Marion Council) zoning and what developments can be approved on the size/frontage of the block? I would be interested to see.

Good properties priced well aren't lasting long.

Suggested to a friend that this property was well worth a look, that if it looked 1/2 decent it would be gone straight away. Offer was accepted @ 1st open

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-athelstone-117019583

27 Bridget Street Athelstone SA 5076 asking price $425,000 - $445,000

Certainly not lasting long in that price bracket. I've been seeing anything below $500k in high demand, starts to slow down above that.

Back