Adelaide Investment Suburbs

A lot of redevelopment has helped with the stigma and demographics. Looks quite nice in some parts that have been completed, but it is still a little rough overall imho.

Give it time though and it should make for a nice area.

Investment or PPOR?

PPOR - weve just finished cooling off on the property.

My wife and I spent a week walking around the area during the day and night, visiting schools, shops, generally just immersing us in it all and couldnt fault it really.

Its not burnside thats for sure, but its definitely not what it used to be and we plan on living in the house for 10+ years and I expect the stigma will have died down alot more even when it comes time to sell

Well I hope so as we bought one of the most expensive homes in the suburb! Massively overcapitalized but this was a purchase of the heart not the head

my investments are for the head

Watching this thread with interest as looking at a property between morphett vale and sellicks beach. Any tips/advice welcome ?

Also feel free to contact me if you have an IP that needs the facade rendering :)

I grew up there. :p

Reasonable area. Good yields for quality stock, there are properties still being built in the area, and infill. Larger blocks in comparison to new builds, but too small to develop for most - these properties suit buy and hold, with a renovation chucked in if possible.

Recently put one through for a client in Paralowie, 4 bed, 600sqm block built in 1995, 275k. Rents $340/wk. A nice position with substantial depreciation, got to love it.

Were you looking at the lower end of the market (220-270k)? Or the newer 4x2x2 stock?

Are there any areas in Paralowie that are nicer than others in the lower end of the market?? Will be heading down to Adelaide again in early October.

Watching this thread with interest as looking at a property between morphett vale and sellicks beach. Any tips/advice welcome ?

Also feel free to contact me if you have an IP that needs the facade rendering :)

Hi Kippaxian, I favour Seaford/Seaford Rise areas esp with the extension of southern expressway, they are so reasonable now and can only increase in price. I know Pt Noarlunga/Noarlunga S., Moana, Maslins are on the better side of south road, but they are more expensive. Depends on your price range and if you want to do a reno. Plenty of older style homes ripe for a reno.

will keep you in mid for render. I am arguing with members of strata committee re rendering facade of unit block. 3 of us want it and believe it will increase price of units but the others don't think it will! Real estate agents in the area have mixed advice.

Hi Kippaxian, I favour Seaford/Seaford Rise areas esp with the extension of southern expressway, they are so reasonable now and can only increase in price. I know Pt Noarlunga/Noarlunga S., Moana, Maslins are on the better side of south road, but they are more expensive. Depends on your price range and if you want to do a reno. Plenty of older style homes ripe for a reno.

will keep you in mid for render. I am arguing with members of strata committee re rendering facade of unit block. 3 of us want it and believe it will increase price of units but the others don't think it will! Real estate agents in the area have mixed advice.

I'll disclose that we do hold property in Seaford however, IMHO it has all the fundamentals that drive property growth including huge development in transport infrastructure, growing population, seaside living, growing commerce, rezoning and potential to redevelop and renovate those older 1970 style properties. Land values are high in comparison to the value to dwelling value.

I particularly like that area west of Commercial Road. We have one in Whaler Road and I expect a great future for the area.

Morphett Vale is a massive suburb on it's own. O'sully beach, Christies Beach, Christies Downs all the way to Moana, McLaren Vale, I wouldn't go any further south than that. For me Aldinga and Sellicks are too far south.

But it all depends on what you want.
There are plenty of good buys in the area you are looking at, just stay away from the ones that are over priced.

In fill is happening and seems to be speeding up a bit in those areas, I don't get North too often so haven't got much to compare that against. So it's just my perception.

Cheers
Graeme

Did not win but was a close runner. Went for $418 which is way over worth. My bank valued it at $375, I thought $405-$410 top end.

i've got a block of 700 sqm at woodville north, just throwing up weather to develop or sell any recommendations ? :p its on a street facing a industrial warehouse (no noise just electrolux spare parts / toyota warehouse).

Last edited:
Another Auction - No Joy

Went to another auction todady, not even close again.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-kilburn-114964619

Under instructions from Public Trustee $330,000 advertised price.

Corner block which could divide and retain existing.

My max was $360,000, thought it would go for around $370,000 based on 39 Galway St Kilburn going for $371,000 in June this year, property is directly across the road similar

But no way off went for $425,500 or was it $435,500 either way.... $50k plus.

Cheers- Brady, for sharing the Kilburn result, I was curious about that one also, I'd also flagged it as a subdivide and retain, but I'm only interested in buying Westurn suburbs.

I came across a 800m sq corner block suitable for retain and subdivide in Woodville South the other day- when the Sold sign went up on it!- funny thing was it never had a for sale sign up, and when I went back and looked for its online or paper listing (thinking- how could i have possibly missed that one), there never was any, so obviously the agent had a list of developers on his books (or perhaps friends- but I might sound a little jaded saying that) who get the option to buy and it never went on the open market.

Don't know how much luck I'll have, but I've decided to try and register with some local agents, even though in past experience it has resulted in zip zilch.

Needless to say I'm starting to get rather frustrated (read:shitty) that I've not managed to buy yet too.

Back