adelaide investment suburbs

hi all,
Looking for investment property number 1 budget 250k, cash flow is important, have been looking at hackam west, huntfield heights, chrsitie downs and northern elizabeth suburbs. i am not from Adelaide. any suggestion from locals. thanks in advance.

Oaklands park

Hello all, I am sorry if I shouldn't be posting my query in this thread - wasn't sure how to post a new one...

We're considering our first investment property. Being from Adelaide (and living here) I know that Oaklands Park is a fantastic inv location; close to train line, Marion Shopping centre (major SC) SA Aquatic centre, cinema, Hospital, University, etc. However, the opportunity that has presented itself is one that is part of a Community Strata, it's one that is managed and tenanted by the agents selling. I'ts a 14 month old town house in a group of them. Purely tenanted by 'high end' students.

Is this a safe kind of investment?

Thank you

hi all,
Looking for investment property number 1 budget 250k, cash flow is important, have been looking at hackam west, huntfield heights, chrsitie downs and northern elizabeth suburbs. i am not from Adelaide. any suggestion from locals. thanks in advance.

Hi Madhu,

Do you actually live in Adelaide so you are interested in investing in those suburbs.

I live in Sydney, and wondering if it's practical for me to invest in those suburbs too.

You would have fair few choices down south around that budget, either units or freestanding houses. Yield around 6%? In Christies Beach you could get a 2B unit within 1km to the beach for say $250-260k. If after-tax CF is important then you'd need a newer property and higher budget.

Just people asking about the same areas in adelaide and the long term guys choosing adelaide

Im personally looking in Hackham West/ Morphettvale/ Marion / Mitchell Park Area

Just seems to be more developments down there?

Correct me if im wrong of course as I am still a newbie

John.

hi all,

If you after new then your looking at 2B units. If you want old you could get a decent size block of land with a OK house on it but potential to develop.

I'll suggest you have a look at units because they aren't on my radar, won't affect me. From a distance you don't have to worry about yard.

Most of the rental agents are average, you need to put in a bit of effort to nag them to get stuff done, haven't come across any good ones but my expectations are high.

hackam west, huntfield heights, chrsitie downs are all reasonable
O'sullivans Beach, Christies Beach are potentials for your $$$
Morphett Vale has good spots but it's a massive suburb with lots of different parts and you really need to drive around to get a feel for which bits are good and which are crappy.

Cheers
Graeme

Not to be rude but there are quite a few threads / posts on the north & south of adelaide including expressway and train lines

Kitchen was supposedly a year old,(but not great judging from pics ive seen) but original bathroom/floorboards, planning a quick repaint internal and external in 6months when im down adelaide, will leave bathroom as it is for the next couple yrs i think. So im sure a nicer updated house will achieve more rent, might also want to hang off until early 14 when duplication is finished as i think (personal opinion) this will drive rents upward.

Back