Adelaide-Renown Park

Hi guys, need some advice here..

I'm currently looking into Renown Park, Adelaide but am uncertain about the area. The houses there are pretty reasonable given that it is at the fringe of city. And since it is situated so close to the Brompton development plan, the future prospect of the area seems pretty good.

However, there are words that there are many housing trust around the area.. How bad is it? I'm looking into a residential home, with a (far) future plan of probably renting the place out or if i can get a decent land, probably sub-divide it.

Any insights into that area is much appreciated!!

Cheers :)

i was looking at one from there nice unit but when i actually drove around the area it didnt look as good as google street view looked

Snowy, I like your idea. People were paying $2000/m just across the road in Brompton. Renown Park is seen as a bit more out of the way because of the train line and Torrens Rd but a quick drive around Brompton and looking at the shoe boxes they are building in there sure makes you wonder what could be in Renown Park down the track. As far as I'm concerned 'plenty of housing trust properties' spells opportunity to me. They could well do a big demolition job like in Kilburn and you'd be laughing. Just don't pay too much... ;)

I bought an old house on Gosport St there a couple of years ago on a large block with plans to sub-divide in the next few years...

It would be the cheapest location within the 3.5km radius of the CBD and with all the development at brompton and now the bowden urban living development, hopefully it should turn out well.

Never had an issue with leasing the property too with easy access to the city via train, bus, car etc. Lately prices of houses closer to South rd have been relatively low lately too.

Back