Adelaide southern suburbs... Is it worth buying? Suggestion?

The area also has the (2nd?) largest shopping center in Adelaide, too.

yeh colonaddes is appealing...especially with the expansion, large aldi etc. also the 'medical precinct' nearby it...(not that i really know whats there but looked reasonable on google maps)

Picked up a 3br house in Hackham West 2 weeks ago. Waiting for settlement atm. Will be a renovate and hold.

Also offered on a Max De Boo property. Was the only bidder at auction, didnt meet reserve, couldn't come to an agreement on price.

It might be fairly priced, looking the most recent same street sales from the last 10-11 months:
42 Thames dr sold 29/07/14 $246000
35 Thames dr sold 01/08/14 $260000

38 Thames Drive Reynella, SA, 5161 Sale Price: $315,000 Sale Date: 7 Apr 2015

42 was an absolute crap hole, moldy, garage on a 10 degree lean not attached to the house anymore, large cracks which had been bogged up etc etc

Didnt see 35 even come up for sale

Good job Nemo30.Very nice increase of equity in a short period of time and good buy S1mon. I have not come across a real good buy yet. We have only looked two last weekend then hub can't get out of work on Sunday. Some we think it's good for rental I wouldn't consider good to live in. I found its easier to buy an ip( head thinking, number crunching only) than an ip that we planning to move in first ( heart tend to get in the way a bit eg. Umm is it safe for the kids in this area?..etc)
Ps one of the property we viewed was Max's, lot of people and he didn't take our detail, seemed a bit into his own thoughts while we were there.

I grew up in Christies beach 1969-1976. It was a tough place to grow up in,you became a man before your time.:eek:

They just plonked all the state housing there. These days they're renovating, selling or demolishing them, which benefits everyone.

Back