Adelaide suburban equivalents

As Brady says there is a lot of development going on in the area, but also a lot of public housing and ex-housing trust. I don't know about that particular street, but another half dozen streets on from there toward WL Boulevard I have visited many times and it's not a pretty area, Elizabeth like in it's appearance and resident type.

It's a cheap area for a reason.

Any poor tenants in the area will be gone within 3-5years IMO. Looks around at how much development is happening. There might be some dodgy tenants or OO who have been living in these properties for along time. But these old big blocks are going for modern townhouses. These types of people can't afford to live in the new properties being built.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-sa-seaton-413808019

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-seaton-407418289

As I said its not for me unless I win the lotto before the weekend.

Where would I go to find where public housing is located?

I think that's the major problem not living in the state and having that general knowledge.

Do people believe in buying something without stepping foot on the property? ie blind buy to a degree. I don't think id have the confidence to do it straight up.

Also I just know in Perth anything that is close to water or close to elite golf courses like this all the properties are where the big money is.

In Perth we have Cottesloe golf course and obviously Cottesloe beach. Lake Karrinyup, brilliant course where quality comps are held for pros and not far from the beach. Joondalup Quarry/Dune golf Course again a top 20 ranked golf course and within ~3km or so from quality beaches.

I tried buying something in taperoo on a 7000sqm block few years ago, my offer of $250k wasn't accepted. Think they took it off the market. Haven't really been following that area anymore. Have you had the property revalued what's it worth now? Semaphore has gone whole heap of gentrification, nearly call it a trendy suburb now. The main strip is so busy with caf?s, tapas bars etc.

Sold in 2011 for $370k, could have asked $10k+ more a year earlier but needed somewhere to live :D

Do people believe in buying something without stepping foot on the property? ie blind buy to a degree. I don't think id have the confidence to do it straight up.

Depends on your investment strategy. Personally, no, but there are one or two strategies that if I were following I would.

I think the huge blocks in Seaton have a heap of potential, and the poorer people do get squeezed out by increasing rates valuations, higher rents and the opportunity cost of where they live. If you could afford to buy and hold while building capital, it's a brilliant development block.

And I lived in Port Adel/Enfield, which reduced the permissible block size from 300sqm to 270sqm... a really poor decision in my opinion, made a lot of yardless shoeboxes.

Depends on your investment strategy. Personally, no, but there are one or two strategies that if I were following I would.

I think the huge blocks in Seaton have a heap of potential, and the poorer people do get squeezed out by increasing rates valuations, higher rents and the opportunity cost of where they live. If you could afford to buy and hold while building capital, it's a brilliant development block.

And I lived in Port Adel/Enfield, which reduced the permissible block size from 300sqm to 270sqm... a really poor decision in my opinion, made a lot of yardless shoeboxes.

Just because development plan says 300sqm doesn't mean they weren't approving 270sqm prior. It was likely the norm for 270sqm and have now made the process easier. Could find <270sqm a lot tougher then <300sqm. (Note don't know the area/council well)

Back