Adelaide suburbs of interest and infrastructure

Hi Somersoft Folk,
I want to invest in Adelaide and have about $500K to spend. I would prefer a house to unit and I need it to be relatively cash flow positive or neutral and I intend to hold on to it for 15+ years. I am in Sydney and have very limited knowledge of Adelaide, having only visited it once. Does anyone have any advice about new infrastructure going in or suburbs that are becoming more gentrified, or any advice on where I should look to invest? All feedback appreciated.

another sydney newbie wanting to be spoon fed.

There are heaps of thread on here plz look

Would be nice if we didn't have new Adelaide or Brisbane threads on here every second day created by sydneysiders too lazy to look or research themselves.....

If you need it to be positive, and you want to set & forget for 15 years...

My advice would be to take that 500k and buy 2x 250k places with it. Areas such as Paralowie (high owner occupier count) and Salisbury (good infrastructure) will be great for years to come, are positive cashflow, etc.

R377 - Not a very supportive stance to take when newbies ask for guidance, thanks for making me feel like a dick. Makes me not want to post anything ever for fear of being shot down. I only made a new thread because I wanted to start a discussion and glean the most up-to-date information, not just read threads that are from months or years ago. Isn't this forum for sharing information with each other? Perhaps it is you that is lazy and self righteous as you can't be bothered to reply with actual information and instead just attack newbies?
I will go and read the other threads now though.
Thanks Corey & D.T. for your input.

Hi Somersoft Folk,
I want to invest in Adelaide and have about $500K to spend. I would prefer a house to unit and I need it to be relatively cash flow positive or neutral and I intend to hold on to it for 15+ years. I am in Sydney and have very limited knowledge of Adelaide, having only visited it once. Does anyone have any advice about new infrastructure going in or suburbs that are becoming more gentrified, or any advice on where I should look to invest? All feedback appreciated.

Hey Amberlee
Whilst I understand your desire for cash flow neutral property, what is your ultimate goal for this property? Is it to hold it for 15 years "for free" (CF neutral) and hope for whatever capital growth you may be lucky to achieve? Alternatively, is it to have a chance to achieve the maximum CG you possibly can with as little out of pocket costs on the way?

If it is the later, then you need to look in suburbs with the best, most consistent, long-term capital growth record and buy the best property you can afford making sure you pay a fair price for it. Examples would include coastal suburbs and eastern suburbs.

Alternatively, some of the middle-ring suburbs, e.g. in Marion council, offer an opportunity to buy a newer townhouse or duplex for less than $500k - would be cash flow positive after tax whilst still located in an area with quite a reasonable record of long-term capital growth.

Back