adelaide update

Ming,

The Northgate land release will benefit prices around the area. It will have a positive effect on bigger old blocks (such as yours) in suburbs like Nortfhield, Greenacres, Clearview, Broadview and Enfield.

Remember - whilst houses in newer developments always sell for a bit of a premium as opposed to one off developments in areas, you still have a block that will fit 2 houses on it, and about 1km or so closer to the CBD than Northgate. Now if small blocks in Northgate start selling for $250k+, you can see what will happen to development potential blocks.

Having said that, it's not really a secret, and prices have already increased substantially in the area over the last few years. So it's not going to be a sudden boom. :)

New March 08 Quarterly median figures in todays Advertiser for those interested.

Some interesting results in there, although taking them with a grain of salt as median's don't mean an aweful lot (to me anyway).

belated thanks

to those who answered my email way back on 28/feb/08, regardsing HALLETT COVE been real busy and computer been playing up.
cheers
Timelord

Not accepted

So 1st million, how did it all pan out, was your offer on the Christies Bch house accepted?

Nope :cool:
The agent wanted 5K more than i was wanting to pay for it. She did leave a message last week and tole that an offer has been accepted but one of the conditions has not been met yet. Anyways, looking for another deal. got a few in clearview/enfield/northgate/windsor gdns belt.

I had been in touch with my financial broker and it seems we gonna the ceiling with 2 more purchases totalling 500K :mad:

Cheers

New March 08 Quarterly median figures in todays Advertiser for those interested.

Steve, would you be able to scan a copy of the article for me?
Was doing a bit of fishing at Port Hughes on the weekend and didn't get a chance to grab the paper.

Gools

Adelaide Auctions

Went to 2 auctions today and both the houses were sold at the reserve price. Only 10-15 people turned up for each auction. One auction had 3 bidders and another one had only 1 bidder.:) The second auction was funny..the reserve price 260K, there was only one bidder who started the bid at 250K and later on increased the bid to 258K.:confused: ? Is it normal ? Why would he do it when he knows that he is the only one interested in buying that property ?

cheers

Auction success rates

Met one of the major auctioneers and he told that in last couple of weeks only 40 houses hv been sold and almost 50 passed in. Signs of change in Adelaide ?

Cheers

First IP in Goolwa Sth near Victor Harbour

I have house in Gold Coast but just bought 1st IP in Goolwa Sth. Manly as we wanted somewhere cheap and near beach. 1 bdrm older place for $180,000. I was hoping we mainly paid for land and any rent we get is a bonus before we build a new place there. ideally id liek to buy christies, aldinga etc.

Back