ADSL recommendations

TPG $50 a month for 8 GB. No cost for extra downloads but they throttle you back to dial up speed (64 kb) once you hit the limit. The call centre is in Manila but i've had no problems dealing with them.

Agree with others.

Been with both TPG and Internode. Internode has oustanding customer service, great gaming communitity with free content and good servers (if you are that way inclined).

TPG wins on raw $ per GB / Mbit, but customer service is scratchy. I switched to them as Internode didn't have ADSL2+ at my exchange.

Reliability of both networks both seem fine to me.

Agree with others.

Been with both TPG and Internode. Internode has oustanding customer service, great gaming communitity with free content and good servers (if you are that way inclined).

TPG wins on raw $ per GB / Mbit, but customer service is scratchy. I switched to them as Internode didn't have ADSL2+ at my exchange.

Reliability of both networks both seem fine to me.

Internode has great customer service which is a big deal when you are trying to configure a modem or router etc. Never had to call them for something that wasn't a fault at my end :(

One thing I am a bit over is the email address. It is [email protected] Try giving that to someone and then trying to explain that it isn't .com.au Some people tell me that I am wrong and I decide that I don't want them emailing me anyway :)

BUMP!

Hi All! Who are you good folk using for adsl2 atm? Who do you reckon has the best bundle etc? Any thoughts appreciated as always!

Regards Jo

Hi All! Who are you good folk using for adsl2 atm? Who do you reckon has the best bundle etc? Any thoughts appreciated as always!

What are your requirements? What is your usage pattern? Do you need VoIP? Do you want to keep your traditional phone service?

Sorry Sim,

I was vague wasn't I? :eek:
We currently have voip. We use about $15 voip per month. We prepay it in $60 chunks and top it up as needed.
We have 10GB internet with our local provider. This is the expensive part! I envisage needing up to double this amount in the next year or so.
There is no bonus off peak arrangement either but we don't download movies etc. Most of our usage is between lunch time and midnight.

We only have a telstra land line so that we can have voip and internet. We don't make outgoing (well, rarely anyway) calls on our regular telstra land line.

Three of us are on TPG mobiles, capped usage.
Hubby has $300 worth of all calls/ texts to any phone for $19.99 p/m and he can call us or any other tpg or optus phone for free between 8pm and midnight. Daughter and I both have $150 worth of calls/texts to any phone (but no free calls included) for $13p/m. This is good, as there are no contracts involved. There is no cost for us to switch to next capped level up if we find our usage is increasing. Daughters is beginning to ;) no surprises there! Youngest daughter will require a mobile phone at the beginning of next year also.

Sorry if I'm over explaining this but I heard some plans or bundles include unlimited free calls to mobiles on same network.

atm we can only have adsl2 via telstra (as far as I'm aware) but rumour has it that various other providers are not too far away now (in the next 6 months or so I am told... hope the source is reliable!) so we want to be prepared when they become available.

Thanks! :)

You should check now - many providers have wholesale agreements with Telstra and you may be able to get ADSL2+ from someone else (using your Telstra phone line) already.

My favourite plans are from Internode:

Easy Broadband ... one simple plan $49.95 per month for as fast as you can go (if only ADSL available, that's what you'll get, otherwise you'll get the fastest ADSL2+ service your phone line can offer) ... includes 50GB download/upload allowance http://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/adsl/easy_broadband/

If you can get Internode NakedExtreme ADSL2+, then you can get a 20GB plan (counts downloads only, uploads are free) for only $59.95 per month and that includes the cost of your phone line (ie it becomes a VoIP only service and you don't have to pay Telstra for line rental). http://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/adsl/nakedextreme/

Neither of these plans include mobile phone bundles though. I know Internode is investigating the option of offering mobile phone plans in the future, so there might a bundling opportunity there at some point.

Silverlands

Don't forget that there could be costs to transfer to another ISP
so check with your own ISP first for any other packages they have available.

I'm with Exetel btw, and most of the people I know are with them as well
because of their generous download limits.

I have not found a better provider yet.
The ones that offer bundles are usually not generous enough with their downloads or have no free ports on our exchange etc

Back