Advertising on realestate.com.au

Good luck finding a tenant Wylie. I was surprised how fast I found our latest tenant (one week) typically it's two to three weeks.

Cheers,

Bazza

Hi Guys, I also used landordschoice.com.au. I found quality tenants using their service. I have normally used gumtree.com.au, which is taking a bit of a risk as the tenants are normally back packers, but its free! To be honest, it still comes down to chatting to the tenants, using your gut instincts, and you can sort out who you want to stay in your property pretty quickly. Across my 2 properties, its been a roughly a $4k - $5k turnaround if you subtract agents fees an include rental increases. With that saving I will invest in quality photos of the properties so they can be used for years to come!

The few PM's I have spoken to about this service are confident it will be shut down..... time will tell

Well it seems that landlords choice can no-longer advertise on realestate.com.au - since last week - mine was listed and then they had to remove it :( and no longer offer it as an option.

I have found myhomeisforsale.com.au who also offer re.com.au listings for $149 and then $99 per month. Has anyone used this site to list a private rental?

A friend of mine used their service just last week, so they are definitely operating. They still offer everything they used to, except the re.com.au listing.
My friend found new tenants in exactly 3 days just by advertising on domain.com.au, and said to me she couldn't undestand what the big deal was about re.com.au anyway.
She said, and I have to agree with her, at the end of the day you just need one good tenant, not 100, so as long as you get a few quality enquiries, that's all that matters, and she had over 20 enquiries in 3 days from domain.

Michael,

When I have used them in the past the 90% of the enquiries came from RE.com so you a losing allot of potential tenants.

Interesting mark up...
Talking to real estate agency the other day and they advised me it cost them about $6.00 per property to advertise on realestate.com.au

Interesting mark up...
Talking to real estate agency the other day and they advised me it cost them about $6.00 per property to advertise on realestate.com.au

basic realestate.com package cost $700pm as many listings as you want. more if you want your logo on it
feature property cost round $185 per listing rental only

Interesting mark up...

wow, going on current subscription costs (we are on an $800 per month package) they would be listing 133 properties a month just to cover the re.com.au cost. Good effort if that was meant literally.

It is the main portal for getting tenants - and sales. Our agency does not bother with newspaper advertising except for some circumstances.

depending on how busy we are and on an individual basis, I may be able to help (some) private landlords with listings on domain and re.com.au. If interested contact me by email (I visit this site about once a month so I may not see private messages posted here).

Michael,

When I have used them in the past the 90% of the enquiries came from RE.com so you a losing allot of potential tenants.

I have found the same thing Pablo. Domain is totally useless. The majority of people look at re.com.au.

Cheers,

Bazza

A friend of mine used their service just last week, so they are definitely operating. They still offer everything they used to, except the re.com.au listing.
My friend found new tenants in exactly 3 days just by advertising on domain.com.au, and said to me she couldn't undestand what the big deal was about re.com.au anyway.
She said, and I have to agree with her, at the end of the day you just need one good tenant, not 100, so as long as you get a few quality enquiries, that's all that matters, and she had over 20 enquiries in 3 days from domain.

I think domain might be ok in NSW and Vic, due to it being assoc with The Age and the SMH newspapers, so people recognise the name and think to search there - unfortunately not it Adelaide (we don't have any Fairfax newspapers).
When I had my property listed on both sites, I received about 30 enq emails from re.com.au and only about 5 from domain.

Mike did the 5 from domain overlap with RE.com.au?

I find the same thing, less from domain but generally different enquirers in my experience, they have a smaller but different market share. Domains prices are 4x cheaper also and I find their support and service a bit better from an agent's point of view.

I think domain might be ok in NSW and Vic, due to it being assoc with The Age and the SMH newspapers, so people recognise the name and think to search there - unfortunately not it Adelaide (we don't have any Fairfax newspapers).
When I had my property listed on both sites, I received about 30 enq emails from re.com.au and only about 5 from domain.

domain? what?

unless you're a mexican then in qld domain is irrelevant. rea.com is the bomb

Well it seems that landlords choice can no-longer advertise on realestate.com.au - since last week - mine was listed and then they had to remove it :( and no longer offer it as an option.

I have found myhomeisforsale.com.au who also offer re.com.au listings for $149 and then $99 per month. Has anyone used this site to list a private rental?

Hi Mike,

I checked with landlordschoice and they still are not able to advertise on re so I tired myhomeisforsale and for ~$250 at first seems fair enough. On Tuesday I had my IP listed on re and domain and got a good response and subsequently selected a new tenant on Friday from all the applicants.

BUT, to my surprise nothing over the weekend. I emailed and rang Jess at myhomeisforsale but no response. Seems they close shop on the weekends - GREAT just when all agents have open homes and prospects (and Lessors) have time to look for new rental properties.

So, I might be looking for other options next time.

Anyone, know of a similar service for advertising on realestate.com.au?

Cheers,

Bazza

Hi Bazza,
I just checked with Landlordschoice, as one of my tenants has once again given notice, and they can now list on realestate.com.au again, although not in all states.
My property is in Queensland, and they said they can get my listing up on domain and realestate within a few hours. Hope it works out as well as last time :D

Hi Bazza,
I just checked with Landlordschoice, as one of my tenants has once again given notice, and they can now list on realestate.com.au again, although not in all states.
My property is in Queensland, and they said they can get my listing up on domain and realestate within a few hours. Hope it works out as well as last time :D

Thanks MichaelaS - good to know. I check their web site and they only advertise a listing on Domain:

Package 3: Complete Rental $150
-1 Listing on domain.com.au
-1 Legal Documents Pack
-1 Search on the National tenancy database
- Other services incl. managing enquiries and facilitating
negotiations of commercial terms.

Cheers,

Bazza

domain.com have a smaller market share but in our experience it does not overlap with realestate.com.au.

we have sold and rented properties just from domain enquirers. I don't think it is better or worse but if that one buyer or renter comes from that source why would you exclude it?

Oh BTW

Since I put up the post about listing properties for private landlords I have been getting a few email enquirers - thanks.

just wanted to point out that we are only licensed to list properties in South Australia.

G'day - just wondering whether anyone has used rent.com.au and whether that worked for you? I'm in the same boat - I want to advertise my IP but don't have $800 to spend!!

Also, has anyone else found a cheap way of advertising on realestate.com.au?
Thanks!

Back