Advertising on realestate.com.au

Hi,

I am so happy that us private landlords can now advertise on RE.com through

http://www.landlordschoice.com.au/

I just had to blow their horn a bit.

The property was advertised Sat morning and within 1/2 an hour I already had an enquiry and so far 2 1/2 days later I have got about 12 people booked into come to an open tomorrow and I'm assuming that since they've seen photos etc. that most of them will turn up.

I strongly recommend that any private landlord use their services.

The only problem I had was that the website would not let me load in my property details for some reason but I emailed them and they helped me out.

Cheers Paul.

No its not mine unfortunately, I did come up with the same idea and had started looking into it but they beat me to it.

Just an up date, its been a week and a half since my tenant told me that they were breaking the lease and have signed up a new tenant today, so I have been extremely happy with Landlords choice.

However if I'd known the response was going to be that great I would have upped the rent a little more. Oh well I've got another 2 that will be getting re-letted soon.

Paul.

I have also used the services of landlordschoice.com.au recently and thought I must let others know about them. This is exactly the sort of thing we landlords who self-manage need - a Company who can bypass the traditional real estate agent method of advertising and associated costs.

I found them to be prompt with getting back to my initial enquiry and they loaded my details very quickly on Domain and RE.com.au.

A great service and for what they charge, it is certainly worth it!

+1 for the services of landlords choice.

I used them a couple of weeks ago - 2 days online and got 15 groups to an open inspection. The property had a total vacancy period of 3 days.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing this. I'm new to this forum, but have been self-managing for years. Always wondered how to get on realestate.com, I'll have to check thsi out. How much does it cost?

hi, i just wanted to add that I too have recently advertised my 1st IP on realestate.com.au & domain through landlordschoice.com.au - they have been extremely prompt in uploading the advertisements, very helpful and responded very quickly with any queries that I had - the cost was $199 to advertise for both websites & my understanding is that this also includes the costs of 1 search of the tenancy database - all the details are on their website - i will definitely use them again next time I need to find a tenant.

Thanks, Roxy. $199 sounds cheap. One of my tenants will be leaving soon, I think (lease has expired,etc), so will definitely consider this,

Tenant has just given notice! I will check out the service that has been recommended earlier in this thread. Last time it took me ages to get the unit tenanted, using only the local paper, so I'm not doing that again.

Hi Pablo and Roxy,

just wanted to say thanx for pointing out the service above! Have just received and approved an application for my property, wit the old tenants still in there. Have had it advertised through Landlordschoice since tenants gave notice, and it looks like it will only be vacant for a day or two this time, compared to 5 weeks last time, when I went through the local papers :D

Hi,

I am so happy that us private landlords can now advertise on RE.com through

http://www.landlordschoice.com.au/

I just had to blow their horn a bit.

Thanks Pablo for the link to Landlords Choice.

I signed up last week, the ad was up on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au within an hour and Sandra sent me the first lead within a couple of hours. We signed a tenant today at a top weekly rent.

Sandra offers a fantastic service for $199 and I highly recommend her. I will certainly be using her service next time a property becomes vacant.

Cheers,

Bazza

Interesting to see if RE.com.au approves / is aware of this website.....

Landlords Choice lists the property as a licensed REA and all calls are received by them. They then forward the leads onto the landlord.

Last IP I rent I enlisted the help of Ray White who listed the property on RE.com.au, received all the calls and forwarded the leads on to me.

So what's the difference ....... $800 and three weeks.

Cheers,

Bazza

No difference.... I think it is great service from a private LL point of view! :D

The problem would be from a REA's point of view. REA are essentially RE.com.au biggest customers, and by allowing that they are potentially upsetting their customers which might not be the smartest business idea.

The few PM's I have spoken to about this service are confident it will be shut down..... time will tell

Hi Bazza. I'm curious to know whether they do a database check? Do they do the lease and other forms?

I have always done this myself, but when this site was first mentioned on here, I thought that I would definitely go down this track.

However, when my mother was in hospital, we had three properties become vacant (January). With what we were going through privately, the last thing we needed was to find three lots of good tenants, and we handed them all to a local agent who found us great tenants for a week's rent plus GST, and everything was done (except we chose to do the entry condition report ourselves).

We have a house that will be coming up soonish and I thought I might give this site a try, but just curious as to what exactly they do, apart from the listing?

Hi Wylie,

I have used them to advertise my property and they do tenancy database checks, they send you the the forms (incl. tenancy application, lease agreements, etc) and you can also get the For Lease signs from them.

Hi Bazza. I'm curious to know whether they do a database check? Do they do the lease and other forms?

Hi Wylie,

Yes they do one TICA check as part of the package. Additional checks are $10. They give you a copy of the docs for the state your IP is in however I already have the RTA docs for Qld but it would be great if I purchased in another state. This is what I purchased:

Package 3: Complete $199
-1 Listing on realestate.com.au
-1 Listing on domain.com.au
-1 Legal Documents Pack
-1 Rental Auction on renterschoice.com.au
-1 Search on the National tenancy database

Cheers,

Bazza

Thanks Bazza.

So, they send the applicants to me to do my due diligence, checking anything I would normally check for a prospective tenant?

They basically forward on any enquiries for me to deal with as I would deal with enquiries from the Saturday paper?

Thanks Bazza.

So, they send the applicants to me to do my due diligence, checking anything I would normally check for a prospective tenant?

They basically forward on any enquiries for me to deal with as I would deal with enquiries from the Saturday paper?

Hi Wylie,

Yes it is a great service. Sandra has a message service take the leads and they email them to her. Sandra then sends them on to you. It's pretty well instantaneous. I have received some at 9:30 pm so they work late to keep you up to date.

Cheers,

Bazza

Thanks Bazza. This house is a $700+ per week property so I am keen to give it a trial and see how we go.

It's funny though how easy it is to let an agent find a tenant. I must be getting rusty :p:D.

If not for the traumatic time we were going through, we would have done it ourselves back in January. Now I have to get back "up to speed".

So.... back on the horse for me :).

Back