Advice from any agents out there

Great industry to get in to, especially commercial real estate.

Just had some agent tell me on weekend he had "crunched some numbers" for a site we were looking at, as if implying he had worked pretty hard to do this. Expecting some good analysis, he told me the rent per square meter the place is currently getting. After a bit of posturing and 30 minutes later I wasn't sure what I got out of the meeting.

At the same time, an agent from this same agency hasn't collected rent at one of our shops for 20 days and hasn't served any notice or notified us. When asked to serve a notice, he wasn't too sure which one to serve.

After meeting with a couple of local agents I have determined the following:

1) Apparently I would be reasonable attractive to an agent once the training was complete.

2) I now have no interest in working as an agent. Work/life balance seems to suck and wages are not that good except for a select group.

Time to look for something else. The search continues for my new career.

What parts of your job do you enjoy? and what parts are draining.............That will make it easier to think of potential careers.

have you considered working for a private rehab provider?

After meeting with a couple of local agents I have determined the following:

1) Apparently I would be reasonable attractive to an agent once the training was complete.

2) I now have no interest in working as an agent. Work/life balance seems to suck and wages are not that good except for a select group.

Time to look for something else. The search continues for my new career.

In any industry, if you want to make real bucks, sacrifices have to be made. You can't expect to sit on your *** and get paid a lot of money. That's not how capitalism works.

Back