Advice on book selection please

I am looking to soon begin my venture into the the world of Property Investing and I would like to start by reading a few intelligent, yet simple, books within the field. The first stage of my strategy is to start a positive cash flow portfolio. From what I gather- Jan Somers, Margaret Lomas, Steve Mcknight & Michael Yardney are the Authors to look for...

My question is- What titles will be best suited to me as a beginner & and my strategy?

Also, I feel everyone has a book or two that in one way or another they consider it to be their "bible". I have two- Think & Grow rich by Napoleon Hill and How to win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie- each was handed to me by my mother and father. If you have one I would also love to hear of it.

Thank you.

I would recommend "rich dad, poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki" if you have not read that one already.

Also like Ordinary Millionares by Jim McNight.

I am looking to soon begin my venture into the the world of Property Investing and I would like to start by reading a few intelligent, yet simple, books within the field. The first stage of my strategy is to start a positive cash flow portfolio. From what I gather- Jan Somers, Margaret Lomas, Steve Mcknight & Michael Yardney are the Authors to look for...

My question is- What titles will be best suited to me as a beginner & and my strategy?

Also, I feel everyone has a book or two that in one way or another they consider it to be their "bible". I have two- Think & Grow rich by Napoleon Hill and How to win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie- each was handed to me by my mother and father. If you have one I would also love to hear of it.

Thank you.

Hey kidproperty,

Like you, I'm an avid book reader, and I totally devour books about a topic when I am switched on about it.

A book that changed my life was Anthony Robbins' Unlimited Power - It made me raise my standards for all aspects of my life.

Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich, showed me examples of how great leaders in history actually became great, and made me believe that I could do great things too in my own life.

Kiyosaki's Rich Dad, Poor Dad opened my eyes to financial freedom, passive income and the importance of business and investing.

I wish you the best of luck in your own journey.

For mindset and motivation; Rob Kiyosaki, and "The Millionaire Next Door"

For beginner nuts and bolts; Jan Somers and Margaret Lomas.

For mindset and motivation; Rob Kiyosaki, and "The Millionaire Next Door"

For beginner nuts and bolts; Jan Somers and Margaret Lomas.

I'd second BayView's recommendation of "The Millionaire Next Door"- a great book that goes into statistical depth about who are millionaires, why they are so, how they got there and their habits. Alot of the research will surprise you, and not only that, you then become more confident that you too can be a millionaire.

One of the most interesting points in that book for me was the statistic that most millionaires were entrepreneurs/people who owned their own business.

Back