Advice on Eagle Vale - NSW

Think Twice

Hi kvellimalai,
I know Eagle Vale very well having grown up just 10km away. Originally Eagle Vale was advertised as the "New North Shore" of the Western Suburbs which enticed a lot of Sydney siders to purchase out that way and was looking promising until they stopped selling land and started developing housing commission which is know known as Claymore which had quickly built a reputation of possibly the worst suburb in Australia in both structure and crime rate. The particular home you are looking at is 1 minute away from Claymore (650 meters away according to Google maps). There were plans in 2010 to redevelop Claymore but I don't know if that went ahead ( http://macarthur-chronicle-campbell...y/claymore-flagged-for-massive-redevelopment/ ) I moved away from that area over 20 years ago but do regularly visit my parents and people I speak to have told me that Claymore is still as bad as it ever was. Interesting to note that the home has fire damage - I wonder what the story is there?

not a bad house. Depending on the amount of damage and the sale price, of course, it may be a good buy (if the price is right)

Look, its a big house, big land and close to the the main arterial road

I used to own a block of land nearby at Kearns, jumped 50% in value when I sold a few years after buying.

Make sure no serious crime has been committed on the property, Otherwise prospective tenants and buyers may be spooked.

Last edited:
Back