Advice on Investment location in Perth

Hi Guys,

Been reading quite a number of subjects here. Actually wanted to reply on some but decided to give it a go with a new thread.

Needing your advice on an IP which is good in CG in short to long term, it can be negative or positive, our budget is <400K. I am looking at Midland, or Gosnells at the moment, dont know much about those suburbs but I think close to public rail is a good start. If you guys can lend me some of your thoughts on these it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Did you have an overall strategy in mind or some goals to work towards?

Will you be targeting apartments, villas, townhouses or houses?

Is that a mindset budget or is that what you are limited to through serviceability or deposit?

Did you have an overall strategy in mind or some goals to work towards?

Will you be targeting apartments, villas, townhouses or houses?

Is that a mindset budget or is that what you are limited to through serviceability or deposit?
Hi Ace...
It's a budget limit. My goal basically is to get CG enough to build portfolio. This would be my first IP. I'm looking at house with land, I think CG is more on these types, or I maybe wrong. Also have some goal in upgrading PPOR in the next year or two. CG from the PPOR and IP can help with that goal.
I'm open to any advice though.

Yeah I understand Gosnells is a bit unappealing, but i think it can grow given the new suburbs around it.

Thanks guys.

Hi Ace...
It's a budget limit. My goal basically is to get CG enough to build portfolio. This would be my first IP. I'm looking at house with land, I think CG is more on these types, or I maybe wrong. Also have some goal in upgrading PPOR in the next year or two. CG from the PPOR and IP can help with that goal.
I'm open to any advice though.

Yeah I understand Gosnells is a bit unappealing, but i think it can grow given the new suburbs around it.

Thanks guys.

You won't get cg because of new houses in or surrounding your suburb

Look at all the expensive suburbs - there's still plenty of old houses worth over a mill
It's all about land value, I don't think many people are attracted to suburbs full of new houses it's just all they can afford

Having said that , Gosnells isn't the worst location so should have some future prospects but personally I would be staying away from Perth right now. They had a really strong run the last few years and with mining a bit shaky at the moment I can't see the next growth drivers. Realistically it's already a very expensive place to buy a house for what it is. Part of this would of been increased competition due to big mining wages and also increased building costs due to lack of supply of builders (many trades taken by mining)

Back