Advice on selling land in Brisbane city

Hiya all,

I'm selling a block of land in Brisbane (both privately & with an agent on the side) 4kms from the city (with city views) just wondering if anyone has any tips for places to list online.

Cheers

Jase

Hiya Jase!

Online my favourite place for all things real estate, apart from this forum of course, is realestate.com.au. This seems to be the leader in the online options for advertising your property, whether house or land.

Good luck with the sale :)

Jase,
also try the saturday Courier Mail paper ,simple add in the real estate pages,
what price ,size,location,is the block you are selling,city views?.
good luck
willair..

Perhaps I should be a bit more specific.
I'm wondering if anyone knows of sites you can list property on line without great expense.

Incidentally I am selling privately & realestate.com.au's rules state "realestate.com.au does not accept private listings, except in Share Accommodation and Holiday Rentals" So that counts that one out.

I do have the Courier Mail covered I've already run several ads in there & will continue to do so. But I'm just looking for more options to broaden the net so to speak. Any ideas appreciated.

ciao

Jase.

Jase,

There are some services which allow you to sell it yourself & they provide access to some of the real estate advertising avenues.

There were some references in this forum, but my search couldn't find them & I can't remember the names off-hand.

They could help you - for a price.

eBay & other auction sites are a possibility - though I'd be dubious about what proportion of the property advertised through them actuall is sold.

Something for you to think about - by taking this approach you may save money on advertising but if you don't get the buyers aren't you worse off?

Better to spend a bit to ensure you get the price you want - particularly in a market where sales are generally slower & buyers harder to find than sellers.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Make sure you have a sign with ur contact details on the actual block of land - to catch the person that happens to be passing buy.

Jase

Most areas of advertising will cost you somewhere along the line. Have you tried www.housesonline.com.au it is set up for private sellers only or if you search either google or yahoo for private real estate sales you will find a few site but all will cost you. Realestate.com.au and property.com.au are only for real estate agents to list on as you stated

Try advertising in your local paper as well we find that very good and a for sale sign is of upmost importance.

Where is your land located, I know you have an agent helping but we might be able to source buyers for you also. We are situated on the South side Coorparoo.

Jarrod
Jarrod Lane Real Estate :)

thanks for the advice gang.

And yes I do have 2 signs on the property one from the agent & a rather massive one built & signwriten by myself ;)

I'll check back from time to time to see if there are any other sites anyone comes across..

Cheers

Jase

Back