Advice on Swimming Pool “Creepy Crawly”

Family has moved into one of our older properties with an old pool. This property will be demolished to make way for town houses after we have built our new PPOR and moved in, 3 to 5 year time frame.

It has an old in ground pool with functioning filter etc however the creepy crawly is old and next to useless as it keeps stalling and needs constant supervision to keep it going – which defeats the purpose.

Manual vac the pool is fine so the filter is providing adequate suction.

Any suggestions for a good creepy crawly that I may consider or anything I should steer clear from?

wombat

We bought a Hayward, and for our pool it was useless. We now have a creepy crawley, it isnt bad but it still does stop. I think these things are designed for one pool shape in mind, and any deviation from that means they dont work as they should. Our pool we designed ourselves - it is deeper in the middle then shallower at each end - ideal for pool volleyball and ball games with the kids, but not the best for the kreepy, so they tell me!

Found Barracuda to be good. Had 2 & no problems, not many moving parts & easy to get if neccesary. Also have had a cheapy with no problems but it cleaned no where near as good as the Barracuda.
Just be aware of the 'throat' size in relation to the size of leaves going into the pool. I believe there is one that has a larger throat than the Barracuda but its name escapes me. The only thing that's clagged mine is a really long stick - dont even know how it picked it up, and a golf ball my dog dropped in the pool.

Thanks Guys - Looks like Baracuda is high on the list - any guide on models and price or does it depend on the pool type?

Wombat

Back