Advice required re: changing residential to medical consulting zoning on a house

Dear Somersofters

I am keen to draw on the knowledge of our SS colleagues in the town planning and development space.

My brother is a Periodontist and keen to commence a practice in Brisbane where there is not a saturated number of other practitioners. Two areas he is keenly pursuing include Ashgrove and The Gap in Brisbane.

Question:

What does it take to achieve a change in zoning from residential to medical consulting ? He wants to purchase a Queenslander home in the Gap as the first option followed by Ashgrove (due to forecasted demand for service) and wants to know how to go about this.

I am keen to source an ethical expert to assist us with this and to learn approximate costs associated with this

Thank you all so much for your support

Warm regards

Renee

Hi

Have you first checked that the current residential zone does not allow for medical businesses?

I was looking at a property earlier this year that was a house for sale in a residential zone and actually allowed the premises to be used for medical suites as it was located right next door to a shopping centre, doing this will save you time and money.

Regards,

alicudi

Hi

Have you first checked that the current residential zone does not allow for medical businesses?

I was looking at a property earlier this year that was a house for sale in a residential zone and actually allowed the premises to be used for medical suites as it was located right next door to a shopping centre, doing this will save you time and money.

Regards,

alicudi

Thank you, will take this point into consideration as well

Health related businesses are generally looked upon more favourably by council than others as these are seen as essential community services.

The site with the relevant codes
http://eplan.brisbane.qld.gov.au/

The Small Non-Residential uses code is a good one if you can make it fit, it will allow non medical uses as well which can be a bonus for valuation.

Health related businesses are generally looked upon more favourably by council than others as these are seen as essential community services.

The site with the relevant codes
http://eplan.brisbane.qld.gov.au/

The Small Non-Residential uses code is a good one if you can make it fit, it will allow non medical uses as well which can be a bonus for valuation.

Thank you for responding - I was so hoping to hear from you as well as our other members, wonderful

Not sure if I am 100% across the question - he is planning on having wheel chair access to the building and a car park out front (he has not purchased a property yet = he is first asking these questions to inform his decision making)

Back