Affordable suburbs

Hi everyone
At some point recently I remember seeing a list of Melbourne's most affordable suburbs.
I can't for the life of me remember where!!
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not even sure if it was a website or not.
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Felicity,

I can't remember the site, but remember that suburbs such as Melton, Werribee, Geelong, St Albans, Broadmeadows, etc. were on that list (basically outer suburbs, mainly in the west)...

Cheers,

Manny.

Reply: 2

Each time the Melbourne newspapers print the REIV release of median price changes they also print a list of the "most affordable suburbs."
Both the Herald Sun and the Age printed a list on Saturday 2 weeks ago, but you can get the details on the REIV web site - www.reiv.com.au
But beware affordable means cheap and this usually means poor long term capital growth.But on the same web site you can see charts of the capital growth for each suburb.
Michael Yardney
Metropole Properties

Reply: 3

Thanks for the responses on this everyone, I was curious to compare a more recent list with an older one I had to see the differences in the areas of Melbourne, I've certainly noticed the outer east has done a big rise over the last 12 months (medians have, anyway!).
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Reply: 3.1

Ahem, Geelong is NOT a suburb of Melbourne, thank you very much. It is actually the second largest non-capital city in Australia, second only to Newcastle. Thankyou.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Reply: 2.1

Michael,

How do you get to the graphs you mention on the REIV site?

Do you have to be a member?

rgs
PJ

Reply: 3.1.1

and as with Newcastle a "Regional Market" and would have a risk associated with employment and infrastructure development.
when BHP moved out of Newcastle look at what happened to property prices, as when Pyramid collapsed in Geelong, similar things occurred. if Ford decided that Geelong was no longer the place for them (imagine)!.

stay in areas where there is a variety of industries and employment and infrastructure development, this may take some speculation out of your property portfolio.

Reply: 3.1.1.1

when BHP moved out of Newcastle prices went UP^

Back