After Settlement...

Hi, my first post here...

I recently purchased my first home...and settlement will happen soon.

However, the advertisment from Domain and Realestate will soon list my sold price (in the SOLD section). I heard that it is the vendor's call whether to list the price on the internet. Is it possible to ask vendor / real estate agent that I dont wish to have it published??

Thankyou for replies... :p

In some states you can also apply to RP Data/Street Finder to hide your name from ownership and say "The Proprietors.” This is 3rd hand information, so I guess the best people to validate this would be them.

Honestly, these days if your friends are snoopy, they will find out. There are so many ways available now that were not available years ago.

If they are THAT snoopy, why not just shout the price from the rooftops and cut short their "fun". If they know you are wanting to keep it quiet, it may make them even more determined to find out. What sort of friends are they.... or is it more likely other parents at school etc.

My friends all know what we have and do, but the sticky beaks via school and clubs are probably more likely to want to know the gossip.

All one of them has to do is call the agent......

Call the agent and ask for the price NOT TO BE DISCLOSED. Also request that they don't report the sales price to RPData or APM etc as these will show immediately as AGENTS ADVICE. True that the price will eventually show up after settlement (usually 4-6 wks) but by then your snoopy friends may have forgotten about all the fuss :)

Hi, my first post here...

I recently purchased my first home...and settlement will happen soon.

However, the advertisment from Domain and Realestate will soon list my sold price (in the SOLD section). I heard that it is the vendor's call whether to list the price on the internet. Is it possible to ask vendor / real estate agent that I dont wish to have it published??

Thankyou for replies... :p

you could ask, but a refusal may offend. you might be successful in keeping it off third party data providers but once the titles office process it's public information.

Back