Agent didn't pass on rate increase as asked

So... The tenants have paid the first month - assuming they have signed new contracts for this year that has not included the rent increase.

PM is MIA except for the quick(2 days later) email response "i will get the team to look at it"

Its coming up to the next months payment and still no sign of this getting corrected. Has anyone experienced this. Are the tenants bound by the contract that the PM incorrectly gave them.....? What are my options - floor is open

The PM is your legal agent (probably) so can probably bind you to contracts with the tenant. You may have to ask for compensation from your agent.

Are the tenants on a new 12 month lease?

Are the tenants just rolling over to month by month after finishing a 12 month lease?

Do you have it in writing what the rent increase will be as agreed with the PM?

Can you call the PM and ask them whats going on?

Can you escalate to the agency owner if still no response?

If they've screwed up and not done as you've asked them to do, in by not sending the correct notification for rental increase, then I would be seeking compensation from the agency of the difference until this is rectified - this is where your written records will come into play.

To follow on from simtr, the tenant usually gets 60 days notice of a rent increase (+ delivery), when was notice served ie 2 months prior to renewal or later?

If the rent increase notice has gone out it will be implemented from the time specified on the notice.

If it has not gone out then agent is accountable.

Back