Hey guys, has anyone had any experience with real estate agents or property managers in the Brisbane area (Moorooka) we have been with a couple and they have been very disappointing and seem overpriced compared to Melbourne but maybe around the 8-9% is standard up there? Could anyone reccomend one? Preferably around the 4-5% range if possible. TIA

Hey guys, has anyone had any experience with real estate agents or property managers in the Brisbane area (Moorooka) we have been with a couple and they have been very disappointing and seem overpriced compared to Melbourne but maybe around the 8-9% is standard up there? Could anyone reccomend one? Preferably around the 4-5% range if possible. TIA

Hi Giswal,

For the level of service required in Brisbane.

* 4 inspections per year with photos and reports
* rent paid to landlord weekly where possible
* Regular Lease renewals (compared to other states that often roll onto month to month)
* Entry and exit reports
* attending to maintenance and dealing with tradies etc

Plus much more.

If anyone can provide that service to you for 4-5% and
have a sustainable business then they are much better at this game than me.

Brisbane agent

Ok guys thanks for the tips. We were with one which I'm
not sure I can mention that deliberately kept organising 6 month leases and making the fee on renewals. We questioned the tenant and they claim that they were never offered 12 months. A bit of shifty business with them so we switched to a mainstream agent who aren't as bad but still have many flaws. They were awesome when it came to signing us up though!! As per usual. I thought 4-5% was low but maybe the 2 states differ. If 8-9% is standard in Brisbane then that is totally fine. Was just trawling for answers. Thanks again.

I will also try the mentioned agent http://www.matthewsrealestate.com.au/page/contact-rentals

RentFresh ?

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with RentFresh Property Management in Brisbane and could share ?
Or please recommend a good one for inner South of Bris.
Pls feel free to pm me if confidentiality is needed.

This financial year I have had a few long vacancies so even with low interest rate my net return is not looking good. I have been with my current PM (whom I got to know via this forum) for quite a while but recently on and off am not happy with the level of service. I am also a loyal kind so a few times I wanted to leave them but then found it hard to do so when they said they promised to do better ! But then ... more disappointments. So here I am...

I have approached a few PM recommended here but most are on the North side of Brisbane and the 2 near my area seem to charge high rate but not provide anything "special".

Currently I have 2 vacancies and RentFresh has proposed to try rent them in parallel with my current PM.
If they could find tenants first they only charge me 1 week rent same as my current PM would (but obviously they wish to also get to manage the IP).
If they can't rent before my current PM does they don't charge me anything. Professional photos etc are included.

From what they say they are very high tech for examples prospective tenants can register for inspection online and get instant confirmation, 24/7 reporting line for any issues, etc. I figure a lot of working tenants only have time to search after business hrs so features like these sound great.

Seems a no-lose case for me so I may try ... but would appreciate any feedback on this agent just in case it is too good to be true !

Much appreciate any feedback.
Thanks,

Back