Agents and Emails.

Hi all:

I am a long time lurker, and first time poster. I have this issue currently that agents not returning emails (or calls).

First of all, a bit of background about myself. I currently live in Melbourne, and have total of 3 investments. When buying properties in Melbourne, it was easy: just rock up to the open for inspection and then at auction.

As the Melbourne market heated up in the last few years, with decreasing yields, I find myself attracted to interstate and more rural properties with better yields. So naturally, I hit realestate.com.au, and began to look. I must have emailed so far a dozen agents - different properties - via the realestate.com.au - email tool. But, nothing. No return email, no messages, no calls.

Now, initially, I thought: hmm okay... may be they were been negotiated, and will be sold soon. But after a dozen times of silence, I began to wonder if its because my email don't appear overly 'professional".

So good people of somersoft, my question is when you are looking up a property in another state - or one where you are unable to attend the open day, do you:
1) Have a generic 'professional' sounding email to coax the information from the agents.
2) Just pick up the phone (although, most times - when I did that, I get put on hold, then to leave a message, and the agent usually never call back).

Thanks in advance.

Warren

Welcome Warren, there have been plenty of posts about similar topics but you will find that the phone is the best method of contact for many of these agents.

I find that if I use the email button on the RE .com listing I rarely get an answer but if I go to the website of the agent then send email I get a much better response rate.

Perhaps they get a million tyre kickers on RE.com and get sick of wasting time

Perhaps another strategy could be to add some background,

eg" I am finding the rental yield in Melbourne to be too low, looking at SQM I see that your area is still showing 6% yield. Do you feel I would get this yield on this property"

Back