Air Conditioning installer in Melbourne

Hi all,

I am looking to install a split system air con in my IP in Carrum, Melbourne.

The IP is a 2 bedroom brick veneer townhouse, approximately 100sqm of living space (including bedroom, bathroom and laundry).

Open plan for lounge/dining/kitchen (approximately 35 - 40sqm total).

Can anyone recommend an installer in Melbourne? I checked the tradies thread and only found 1 recommendation (surrey air) which I am waiting to hear back from...

The quote that the property manager quoted was for $3300 + GST for a 7kW unit.

I'm not even sure if it need that much power. I was thinking 3-4kW.

Any help would be appreciated :)

ASH

I found out my tenant made a request for an airconditioner today. I'm thinking of going through Harvey Norman. They gave me a number of an installer. His name is Brad. He is visting the property next week to advise the power I need and to give me a quote on the installation. He say's if it's an easy job the installation will be around $770. I'll fin d out next week

He seems like a nice bloke and is in the Frankston area.

You'll need at least a 7kw for that area, depends on insulation, aspect, number of electrical appliances etc. Check manufacturers websites, go to retailers, look at the specifications. The quote sounds low, checked the unit, known brand or budget?

I recommend you do your research and don't cut corners - false economy.

You'll need at least a 7kw for that area, depends on insulation, aspect, number of electrical appliances etc. Check manufacturers websites, go to retailers, look at the specifications. The quote sounds low, checked the unit, known brand or budget?

I recommend you do your research and don't cut corners - false economy.

Back