Air-less spray guns

G'day guys,

I know there has been previous posts in the past regarding air-less spray guns, but do you think it is a better idea just to hire one for say 24 hours, or buy a cheapie from Bunnings for $150? I just did a quick seach, and to hire for 24 hours costs about $200 (depending upon location). If I bought a cheapie, I doubt I would get much future use out of it (although you never know), and therefore should I just bite the bullet, pay the hire fee and get the job done asap? Interested in what people think.

Just to add, is it also possible to paint a Hardie Plank exterior with said item? Cheers,

Phil. :)

I looked at these awhile back.
I think the good ones can draw straight from the paint can.

Not sure about them though, work is time saves paining is lost cleaning or taping up everything the in room.

i hired one aobut 7 years ago, can;t remember the price though... Yes it wen tstraigth to the can

Masking took time, but I had help from a car spray painter, so it didn;t take nealy as long as if i'd have done it on my own, and he made sure it was done right too

/Within 2 hours, we'd (I mean my friend) painted the downstairs of the apartment & the ceilin g(the rough g floor ceiling was oe of the reasons we got the gun, it needed painting & would have been super difficult otherwise) think we borrowed it for 4 hours and returned it early as we were finished - the painting obviously is pretty quick BTW, I'd jsut ripped out the carpet & left the underlay on the floor so there was no need for me to worry about that part

quality and size of the job at hand

Hi there, it depends on the quality/finish that you want. The cheaper ones do not have the power for an even spray, so you can see it in the surface. It also takes more paint to make it up for the lack of spraying power. If you are going to paint a 1910s home just to make it look a bit better maybe the cheapie will do the trick.
I bought one for $2.5K, and my main handy man painted 3 of my properties in under a week. The results were great.
Phil, I am not suggesting you spend this much, I am a full time investor and just by painting 3 houses in under a week got my money back… and more…
If you are going to go for the cheapie, and have only one property to paint, etc, I suggest you roll your sleeves and go for the good old roller and brush job. You will save money and time.
Happy Investing
Jon Salvador
www.headinghome.com.au
For investors … from investors

I purchased a 'Paint Man' from Bunnings. Its a bridge between full on trade airless spray guns & the hand held ones by wagner. You pour the paint into the top & its gravity fed. I've had ours a few years, used it on renos & domestically - great job. I found I needed to replace the tip with a better quality one & an extension wand was benificial. As with all machinery, maintenance is important. I forget the cost ???$600. Certainly not a commercial full on item but good in between.

...Phil, I am not suggesting you spend this much, I am a full time investor and just by painting 3 houses in under a week got my money back… and more…
If you are going to go for the cheapie, and have only one property to paint, etc, I suggest you roll your sleeves and go for the good old roller and brush job. You will save money and time.

I'll look into hiring one I think, but if it's all a bit too technical for me, I'll just revert to the roller and brush.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

Phil :)

reno kings and airless paint guns

the reno kings have mentioned these i'm unsure where and when .
they say you can do a whole house inside in 4 hours
they say they hire then on a weekend thaty theres a public holiday if possible so they get an extra day bevore they ahve to give it back for the same price.

i think they said they had bad expereinces outside but for inside its a miracle maker.

cutegal.

Yep, the wagner paint crew is terrific. Ive had mine for a few years now and only get it out for bigger jobs.

It also gives a nice professional finish on gutters, rollerdoors etc.

Also, don't lend it to anyone because it will come back stuffed because it needs careful cleaning after use.

Back