Airds

What are people's thoughts of the Airds renewal project 'Newbrook'? Land is selling below 300k. When the development has finished it will be 70% private homes and 30% housing commission (as opposed to almost 100% housing commission now). It is only a 5 minute drive to Campbelltown Station. Apparently the first release sold out within hours. It could be very attractive to FHB looking for an affordable new home to take advantage of the grant and no stamp duty. It might become a decent area eventually.

for investment or ppor?

if its investment and cg is main factor what about buying existing housing commission stock?

The new development may improve the quality of the housing commission area. Also building isn't cheap. If land is 300k by the time you build a small 3 bedroom house costs are nearly 500k.

Plus nice new houses in a lower area would be a target for vandalism etc

You should contact another forum member ej89, he has done a fair bit of research on this area and he knows what's going on. I think it has already sold out though.

for investment or ppor?

if its investment and cg is main factor what about buying existing housing commission stock?

The new development may improve the quality of the housing commission area. Also building isn't cheap. If land is 300k by the time you build a small 3 bedroom house costs are nearly 500k.

Plus nice new houses in a lower area would be a target for vandalism etc

Land is $230k-$280k. I haven't seen any housing commission for sale. I was just seeing what people thought of it. I would consider it for investment if I could afford it. $500k is cheap for a house in Sydney especially for one you wouldn't have to renovate.

If its like Minto each new street is scattered with housing commission properties. I would expect a discount buying in an estate like that.

What are people's thoughts of the Airds renewal project 'Newbrook'? Land is selling below 300k. When the development has finished it will be 70% private homes and 30% housing commission (as opposed to almost 100% housing commission now). It is only a 5 minute drive to Campbelltown Station. Apparently the first release sold out within hours. It could be very attractive to FHB looking for an affordable new home to take advantage of the grant and no stamp duty. It might become a decent area eventually.

ok, so what's the economic driver in Campbelltown ?

If there is a great economic driver like the new airport to be opened in Badgery creek, then I can understand, but I still don't understand why it is already gone for the same day when it was released by Landcom as well ?

I heard that people lining up few hours or even camp on the site just to be able to secure the H&L package lot.

H&L Package is going crazy now

Claymore has already been fenced off ready for land clearing.
I wonder how much they going to sell this for.

Yeah, same thing for Caddens NSW 2747, when I'm about to go for inspection on Weekend, it was already sold out yesterday.

I guess people just snapped up any available H&L Package when it is still available for the sake of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).

let's wait until the next two years for the 10-25% corrections in house pricing.

See this chart:
img-clock-1024x426.jpg

Sydney is at the 4'Clock or 16 so it is already at peak or almost at the peak.

Back