Alan Edwards

Has any one seen or heard of Alan Edwards? Does he still do presentations, where, and any contact details/web site would be appreciated.

Regards

Rambada

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hello Rambada,

Did some digging into the archives and came up with some snippets from old posts. At the bottom of the page I've included Allen Edwards Web address. Check it out. Also with any company you deal with first check with Office of Fair Trading to make sure he doesn't have any complaints against him registered.

Regards, Mike
...........................................................................................
He is loosely associated with 21st Century Academy, about which there seems to be some negative sentiment expressed earlier in this forum (see "Broke to Millionaire in 29 months") but no-one seems to have actually attended the Jamie McIntyre seminar either. I'm happy to listen to a bloke who understands things that I don't yet fully comprehend. I believe he focuses more on commercial property rather than pure residential. There is a reason for this: he is primarily concerned with cash flow, preferring to view capital growth as a bonus. He is firmly of the opinion that most of your profit comes when you BUY rather than when you SELL (ie purchasing way below market value - and he has a few good tricks for this), thus, with the profit out of the way, the only justification for keeping the asset is if it provides a positive cash flow.

I am sure it will be 3 days well spent. He claims to have only paid 65 cents in tax, even though the value of his transactions was around $250 million (using OPM, of course!!).

..........................................................................................
Can you please email me at [email protected]

I did Allens. E. seminar early last year and would like to compare notes and also get some feed back on his latest round of seminars in Qld & Vic. Regards John

........................................................................................
The first half of his seminar was mostly devoted to recounting the first property he ever purchased. It was a commercial property which could be purchased for $ 6 million, but he bought it for $ 4.2 million. He got the valuation up to $ 6 million, borrowed the whole 100%, paid the vendor the $ 4.2 million, and after costs had $ 1.5 million left over. Interesting concept to be teaching 750 people who paid nothing for the seminar. I wonder how many of them would have the ability to undertake such a deal.

He is totally against negative gearing, not particularly fond of residential, and likes the thrill of "the big deal". He spent a lot of the time explaining how to add value to a property so that you achieve at least 100% finance. Nothing much new in what he talked about. He also spent some time talking about how to pay no tax on any profits using self managed super funds, and how to trick the banks at their own game. He comes across as a real wheeler-dealer.

The cost of his course is $ 4,995, (3 days) but you could get a $ 1500 discount on the night. If you wanted to take your partner, this was another $2,995, but on the night....another $1000 off. Quite a few people were signing up for the course on the night.

Hope this helps - Michael
.........................................................................................
Allen Edwards - Commercial Property Guru (based in Noosa of course). Has anyone been to his $3k seminar??

Allen has told me how to avoid Stamp Duty. Can anyone comment on this method. It goes like this.

1. You purchase the property (2nd hand is OK) with 30 days settlement.
2. Prior to settlement, you go to the titles office and tell them that someone has bought a property on behalf of yourself and you wish to arrange for the transfer of the title.
3. You fill out their simple one page form and pay about $80.
4. The title is transfer to your name prior to settlement and you avoid the usual $6k stamp duty payable on the contract amount.

He has used this technique in NSW only but assures me that it is possible here.

Any comments ??? - John (Brisbane)
..........................................................................................
I don't see how that could work in a practical sense. To register the title in your name you have to turn up at Land Titles Office with the CT and the transfer with the stamped receipt on the transfer showing that the 6K has been paid.

Jeanette (NSW)
...........................................................................................
I am from NSW - on those facts it is unlikely.

It cannot be avoidance - the obligation arises on the creation of the contract of sale not the transfer. If it is not avoidance it is evasion.

There is nothing commercial about evasion and the person advising it is probably open to a criminal offence - lik4ewise the evader.

It would be unusual for an unstamped transfer to be processed, but even if it was penalty rates commence in about 60 days from the document's creation. I do not have them to hand, but my recollection is that they quickly go to 100%.

An important consequence of a failure to stamp is that the document cannot be produced as evidence in court.

If this is the sort of advice people are getting for a large fee I suggest that they get legal advice and then sue.

If it was possible transfer title (register) before settlement - why settle?

The CT must be produced.

GB
CONTACT DETAILS:

Upcoming Events: http://www.eei.com.au/events/main.html
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back